1. Wash your face at least twice each day, using a pure soap such as Ivory, and clean water. Hot water opens pores, so wash with hot water. Cold water closes pores, so splash your face with cold water after washing to ensure that your pores are protected from the environment. Splash with cold water before applying makeup as well.
2. Reduce the use of cosmetics as much as possible. These clog pores. If you must wear makeup, make sure that you are using hypoallergenic products, or products for sensitive skin. Splash your face with cold water before applying, and make sure you wash all the makeup away before going to bed.
3. Keep you hair and hands off your face. Hair and hands contain oils that can cause acne breakouts. When applying creams or makeup to the face, use applicators - not your hands. Don't lean with your hands on your face either. Keep your hair pulled back off your face.
4. Hydrate the body - and the skin - with water. Hydrated skin is healthy skin. Water helps to detoxify our bodies, and our skin, ridding us of elements that make us ill, as well as elements that can cause acne.
5. Eat a well balanced diet, and make sure that you include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables contain quite a bit of natural vitamin A and vitamin E, which is essential to good skin care.
6. Don't avoid the sun altogether, because that isn't healthy, but limit your time in the sun, and use a good sunscreen. Overexposure to the sun, or ultraviolet rays, can not only cause acne, but it can cause skin to age quickly. It can also cause skin cancer. Make sure you wash the sunscreen off when you come in from the sun to avoid getting clogged pores.
7. Don't squeeze pimples, or pick at any sores. This can cause the spread of acne, and it can leave scars as well. Instead, treat the pimples and sores with topical ointments and creams, keeping your hands off of them. Use cotton balls or q-tips to apply ointments and creams.
8.Stress is bad for the skin. Just as good hormones and chemicals are produced and released when we sleep, bad hormones and chemicals are produced when we are stressed. Avoid stress as much as possible, and learn to do deep breathing exercises, or other stress reducing techniques, for those times when you are stressed.
source 1:Medical Inspiration-For doctors and Medical students: Tips To Clear Skin
source 2:The Best Acne Treatments