centered image

centered image

Horrible itchy rash on the back of my neck.

Discussion in 'Spot Diagnosis' started by LovesRabbits, Sep 2, 2012.

1. LovesRabbits

LovesRabbits Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States

imagejpeg_2.jpg

Hi. I've had a slight rash on the back of my neck for some time now and I've not been able to get rid of it. At first I didn't notice it until my husband pointed it out. Then as it's progressed it's gotten red, bumpy, itchy and dry. It's also spread very far quite rapidly. It now covers most of the back of my neck and has even spread into my hairline. I can avoid scratching during waking hours but find myself scratching like crazy in my sleep. Hydro Cortisone has helped maintain the itch but hasn't removed the problem. I do have a slight posture issue where I tend to slunk my shoulders forward but I also sweat a lot and very easily. I'm slightly overweight but not obese. I've considered an anti-fungal treatment. I also have a similar rash in between my breasts, but it's not itchy but looks pretty much the same. I've chalked that up to sweat and have been applying anti-fungal cream on that twice daily for about three weeks now. Does anyone have any over the counter suggestions? I don't have health insurance and simply can't afford a doctor's visit. Thanks.

Add Reply

2. sundarto

sundarto Bronze Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Indonesia
    it seems to have allergic origin, it would help you a lot if you can give me a more close up view. from the photo you posted, it looks like an erythema resulted from a capillary vasodilatation. you can treat it with triamcinolone 4 mg tablet twice daily combined with cyproheptadine Hcl 4 mg tablet twice daily, and for the topical treatment, you can use fluocinolone acetonide 0,025%, mix with neomycin sulfate cream, apply 3 times daily to the affected area, God bless you

3. LovesRabbits

LovesRabbits Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Wow, I will definitely search for those remedies. I will see if my husband is able to get a closer photo. Will post today. Thanks for your response.