centered image

centered image

How To Grow Hair Faster: Hair Growth Tips

Discussion in 'Dermatology' started by Egyptian Doctor, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

1- Don’t Use Heat On Your Hair – Okay, this is an obvious one, but try not to use heat on your hair. I know that this is difficult for some people (me included with my natural afro), but even if it means not blow drying your hair every day and only using heat 3 times a week instead of 7, every little helps. When I was in high school, I went for months without touching my hair, I simply tied it in a bun on the top of my head every day and left my natural afro out in all it's glory and I saw such a difference. It’s a known fact that once you stop putting heat on your hair (you are practically ironing your hair!) your hair will grow like crazy. If you must use anything at all try the Toni and Guy Slim Definer Straighteners; I took part in the Toni and Guy hair challenge and was sent them. They're pretty good for the hair when it comes to heat, you can put them on a lower setting and the tourmaline metal plates mean that they protect the hair more than other straighteners do. Another easy tip when it comes to hair growth is to avoid blow drying. I always try to leave my hair to dry naturally when I can and I've found that instead of using a hair dryer and burning my hair, this has sped up the process of hair growth so much. I once read that even if you let your hair dry 50% naturally, it's better than blow drying all of your hair. If you are using heat, make sure you use a heat protection spray. I tend to straighten my hair once or twice a week and then leave it the other days.

2- Be Careful With Hair Brushing – My hairdresser advises that I brush my hair often as it increases blood flow to the scalp which helps the hair follicles and then, makes it grow. Apparently if you brush your hair many times a day, the hair is more likely to grow due to the increased blood flow to the scalp, however, do be careful with this, brushing your hair too much can cause snagging which makes the hair split. I’m sure you’ve been in the situation where you’ve been brushing your hair and loads of it has fallen out or snapped off? We can’t stop the natural shedding of hair but we can prevent breakage by being gentle when brushing the hair. I was once told to start brushing the hair from the bottom, so do the ends first and de-knot it and then move further up the hair. I swear by my Aveda Paddle Brush, I've had it for about 4 years. It's perfect for brushing hair.

3- Use Products To Your Advantage – At Clothes Show I interviewed some of the top hair dressers from Paul Mitchell Hair, when asked their advice on hair growth, they said don’t use too many products as too much of a good thing, is actually bad for your hair, they discussed product over-kill to me, where you kill your hair by using too many products. Some products however, I’ve found, are the perfect products to help your hair grow. There isn’t a miracle hair product that will make your hair grow over night unfortunately, but there are a number of products on the market that strengthen the hair which leads to hair growth. Think of your hair like a garden, you need nice, well looked after soil makes plants grow. You scalp needs to be looked after. I highly recommend Macadamia when it comes to hair growth, I have been buying their products for a long long time after my hair dresser recommended them to me years ago. They strengthen the hair which again, makes it grow.

4- Let Your Hair Get Dirty - It's common knowledge not to wash your hair too much. It's really bad for hair growth, washing your hair excessively gets rid of the natural oils which help it grow, so let your hair get dirty. If you know you’re not doing anything, leave your hair another day before washing it.

5- Vitamin And Mineral Tablets Help – I swear by Evening Primrose Oil tablets to regulate hormones, clear my skin and promote hair growth. Cod liver oil tablets are meant to be amazing for hair growth too.

6- Eat For Your Hair – Again, like the above, there are things you can put into your diet which can promote hair growth. Hair is made of protein, so apparently eating lots of protein (fish, meats, eggs) helps to speed hair growth up. Vitamin C is apparently very good for hair growth too, I make sure I drink lots of fresh orange (not from concentrate) to strengthen and make your hair grow. There are lots of guides on the internet with lists of foods that you can eat to make your hair grow, write yourself a list and try to add some of these simple and healthy things into your diet.

7- Sleep In A Hair Treatment - I really found that sleeping in a hair treatment has helped my hair grow unbelievable amounts. My hairdresser Jade at XS advised me never to buy hair treatments or conditioners that advise you to leave them on the hair for only 3-5 minutes, good hair masks should be left on the hair for at least 10 minutes apparently so that they can really fix the hair. I love sleeping in hair masks, I particularly love sleeping in Macadamia healing oil when I’m having a really weak hair day. It strengthens my hair so much and I wake up and my hair feels soft for weeks.

8- Don’t Over Colour/Process Your Hair – I saw such a difference when I switched from getting my hair coloured (full head) every 7 weeks, to just getting my crown and parting coloured. I left the underneath of my hair for 6 months and my hair had grown so much it was ridiculous.

9- Get Your Hair Cut – One that most people avoid doing, but you want your hair to be healthy and if you get it cut regularly, you will prevent it from splitting at the ends and snapping off, resulting in stronger and longer hair.

10- Hair Growth Takes Time – Be patient with all of this, hair growth doesn’t happen over night, you will have good weeks and bad weeks.

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply
    Rubini, Gylizar, Hala and 3 others like this.

2. faiza abderrahmani

faiza abderrahmani Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Algeria
  3. Benson Minja.

Benson Minja. Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Tanzania
    woow! thats good!!
    is there any hints to do to prevent hair growth?? because some of us we dont realy want bears???
    Help from anyone know!!

4. Dr R. Camacho U.

Dr R. Camacho U. Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Mexico
    Minoxidil 5% spray. lol

Benson Minja. likes this.
  5. Andy Roth

Andy Roth Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    If you want it to grow faster, you can take prenatal vitamins. also make sure and massage ur scalp when u shampoo...that stimulates the follicles. Make sure to still get trims about every 8 weeks so your hair won't be damaged when u get it to the length you want. Give the prenatal vitamins about 3 months, they have to get into your system and you have to give your hair some time. Good Luck!

Some more tips for hair growth...
    For hair growth you you should aware your hair and remember about some points like
    1.Use a good conditioner
    2.Wash your hair regularly
    3.Always rinse hair products out of your hair with very cool water.

6. Alyna Richard

Alyna Richard Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    Hairs fall become common problem in all Men and Women now a days. I suggest you some natural remedies that enhance hairs growth.
    1. Drink at least two glass milk everyday
    2. Use Olive oil or coconut oil to massage hairs twice a weak
    3.Apply raw curd or yogurt to control dandruff for 1-2 hours then rinse hairs with cold water.
    4. Apply curd and egg white(albumen) mixer on hairs one day a weak to condition your hairs.
    5. Eat green vegetables and vitamin C, Vitamin D rich foods everyday
    6. Eat egg, fish , chicken, mutton in your routine life
    7. Eat walnut, almonds, cashew in your routine life.
    8. Drink plenty of water at-least 6-8 glass in a day.