centered image

centered image

How To Study Histology

Discussion in 'Histology' started by Egyptian Doctor, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

I guess Histology isn’t a troublemaker in med school, but maybe some of you are interested how I studied for finals …

☞ Pay attention during the course:
    I know, Histology doesn’t seem as cool as the pacemaker you’ve probably found in your cadaver’s thorax, but listen to the prof while he is explaining slides … it can help you at your practical finals.

☞ Draw drafts and take notes:Drawing and taking notes personally helped me although it was really time-consuming.

c36131bc8cd2f55ec748547f34da203f.jpg

☞ Take pictures of the slides during class:You’ve found the Brunner’s gland in the duodenum or the amnion epithelia in the placenta? Take a picture so that you can review important stuff at home while you’re studying. If you’re not allowed to take pic during classes, afford yourself or rent a Histology Atlas.

aaa22924de47ff1684e42820188eed2a.jpg

(just in case you are wondering: this isn’t the Duodenum nor the Placenta)

☞ Rent a microscope and some slides: Normally med schools offer microscopes and slides to students for a small fee. If you have the possibility to do so, I really can recommend it!

7855e0fac095c2d53bfd8ec419d30510.jpg

☞ Test yourself:

2 days before finals I tested myself with slides. I covered the identification number with sticky notes …

4b1f69109aa7e2e7881c5d4e79ccf586.jpg

☞ Don’t panic during your practical finals!When I first looked into the microscope to identify the first slide I was like: OMG I see nothing!

Just stay calm and try to describe what you’re actually seeing: e. g. my first slide was the Gl. parotidea: organization in glandular lobules, Acini and striated ducts.

Start with a system and you’ll find the right diagnosis for the slide

All the best!

Source

Add Reply

Attached Files: