centered image

centered image

Med School And Relationships

Discussion in 'Medical Students Cafe' started by Egyptian Doctor, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

I know this is rather subjective & depends on the peoples’ tolerance, flexibility etc… but can you give me insight on how impossible is it for one to maintain a relationship while in med school?

Ooooh, what an interesting question. I’m not sure if I’m even qualified to answer this—I’m yet to embark on a romantic relationship in med school, mainly for lack of interest. Relationships aren’t a high priority for me. However, I do know many med students in relationships and the main thing I’ve learnt is that you have to make time for one another. Yes, as a med student, you are working and studying ridiculously long hours. But you will have to give up time for your partner at some point. Even if it’s coffee for an hour or going out for dinner or even a text message during your study break just to say hi.

So, I really don’t think it’s impossible. I know a lot of med students date and marry other med students, but I know a lot who don’t. And, at the end of the day, relationships are tough, whether you’re a medical student or a history major.

But if you’re looking for a bit of a laugh, here’s a Fox News article on how to date a medical student. How to date a medical student

Source

Add Reply

2. Bright A. Lawrence

Bright A. Lawrence Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Ghana
    med sudents relationship can be described as a hide and seek,since no one is ready to sacrifice their time.but it get fun at times when both agree to spend time together.

3. Rodrick Lwando

Rodrick Lwando Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Zambia
    The relationship may be meaningless because you don't see each other and talking on phone, Facebook or any other medium doesn's create a strong relationship. It therefore requires committed people to date in this case.

4. Rodrick Lwando

Rodrick Lwando Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Zambia
    As a male med student, failure to give enough time to your babe is a risk of losing her (if she can't understand you off course). Don't you think she will go for someone who is available for her for a considerable magnitude of time?