centered image

centered image

Plastic Surgeon Sued For $2.2M For Performing A Sex Change Operation On The Wrong Patient

Discussion in 'Plastic Surgery' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Asheville, NC | One of North Carolina’s most notorious plastic surgeons is appearing on trial this week, after mistakenly performing a sex change operation on a woman who merely wanted to turn back the clock on her appearance

Dr. Andrew J. Carlson is accused of inverting the files of two of his female patients, a mistake which led him to perform the wrong surgeries on both women.

According to the plaintiff, 57-year old Kelly Norton, she went into surgery at the Buncombe County Plastic Surgery Center in January 2016, to have a facelift and minor liposuction.

Instead, Dr. Carlson performed a complete sex change operation, including the removal of her breast and a complete genital reconstructive procedure.

“I wanted to look good for my husband, but he turned me into a man!” she told CBS in an exclusive interview broadcasted yesterday. “I’m a good Christian and I wanted to stay the way God had created me. I’ve never wanted a sex change, and I have no desire to live the rest of my life as a man. This is a nightmare, and I just want to go back to the way I was.”

Ms Norton is suing the surgeon for $2.25 million, to pay for the corrective surgery and the “emotional distress” generated by his mistake.

e1f8ba5bbe6cc640b7a4762526208259.jpg

Ashamed of her appearance since her surgery, Ms. Norton hid under a blanket as she arrived to the courthouse to avoid the numerous cameras.

According to an employee of Dr. Carlson’s clinic, the fact that two patients had very similar names could be at the origin of the mistake.

Indeed, the clinic has settled a malpractice lawsuit earlier this month, with a patient named Kelly Morton, concerning a “mistake in medical procedures”. Unfortunately, the settlement includes a confidentiality clause, meaning that little information is available on the case.

This particular case is already drawing a lot of attention from the public and the media, in a state where sex changes and transgenders are already at the center of a controversy concerning a new “bathroom law”.

Almost 300 people were indeed present this morning outside the Buncombe County Courthouse to show their support for Ms. Norton.

9dc4bcfe7fc18ba67b5249899d59cff9.jpg

Source

Add Reply

Attached Files: