centered image

centered image

Scoliosis-Some unwanted Curves

Discussion in 'Hospital' started by norinechiropractic, Jul 5, 2011.

1. norinechiropractic

norinechiropractic Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Philippines

Scoliosis is a sideways curvature of the spine occurring during the growth spurt in children. Even though there are many causes and types of scoliosis -the most common of this condition (Idiopathic Scoliosis) is still unknown. Most cases of scoliosis are mild ”“ but can get progressively worse. That is why we stress the importance of getting your child checked for early detection. Scoliosis is not without symptoms, however. This unwanted condition may cause back pain, shoulder pain, muscle imbalances and muscle aches etc”¦ Moreover, this condition may even cause decrease lung function - impairing the most important thing we need to survive ( breathing ). The more severe the case, the more apparent the symptoms will be. Some conditions are so severe - it is debilitating! Scoliosis not only causes pain and aches ”“ it also has a profound, negative effect on one’s physical appearance.
    Scoliosis measurements according to some medical text:
    0 ”“ 20 degrees: monitor on progression.
    20 ”“ 40 degrees: Bracing
    40 + degrees: Surgical intervention
    Scoliosis occurs in 2-4% of the population - females are significantly more affected. In older children if this condition is left unobserved or untreated - it can lead to serious consequences. No child wants to go through life with a severe case of scoliosis.

I am Dr. Josh Norine from United States, Licensed of Minnesota Board of Chiropractic and Colorado Board of Chiropractic. This forum site looks great and I’m looking forward to establish a good relationship with you as I am committed to bring you better health and a better way of life by teaching and practicing the true principles of Chiropractic wellness.

Your replies are highly appreciated!
    Dr. Josh Norine

Add Reply