centered image

centered image

USMLE Steps

Discussion in 'USMLE' started by Egyptian Doctor, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]USMLE stands for [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]United States Medical Licensing Exams[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif], and is divided into 3 Steps which test different stages of medical education and training.[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

• [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Step 1[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]tests the basic sciences and their clinical correlation , which is equivalent to the first 3 years of medical school
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Step 2[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] is divided into 2 parts : CK ( Clinical Knowledge ) and CS ( Clinical Skills). This step tests the clinical sciences and the guidelines set for the management of the different medical disorders . It also tests the correlation of these clinical sciences with the basics sciences , although less extensive than in step 1. The CS portion is different from CK and tests the clinical skills , the interpersonal and communication skills as well as the spoken English of candidates.[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Step 3[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] is the final step that test the ability to practice unsupervised medicine and take management decisions in a logical and accepted manner according to the set guidelines .[/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] USMLE Forum.jpg
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Source

[/FONT]

Add Reply
    Tetite likes this.

2. Tetite

Tetite Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Morocco
    Thank you Egyptian Doctor for this short presentations. I am so intressed in passing the USMLE Steps, but I had my entire medical studies in French and it was all reported to French system. I heared Kaplan lectures were among the best. What can you advise?

3. Tetite

Tetite Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Morocco
    Oh ! I just joined the forum and didn't noticed that an entire section was dedicated to USMLE :D

Ok, I'll have a look on the other topics and threads, I'm sure I can find what I need.

4. Mrs.LuXi

Mrs.LuXi Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    thumbs up[​IMG]

5. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    What about MCCEE , MCCQE Tetite