centered image

centered image

What Should I Eat Before I Workout?

Discussion in 'Dietetics' started by waleed, Oct 27, 2011.

1. waleed

waleed Moderator

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

One of the most important things you can do as part of your workout routine is to eat properly both before and after your visits to the gym. You want to eat the types of foods that help your diet as well as help repair the muscles used during and after a workout. More importantly, you want to have strength and energy throughout your workout. Most commonly, the best types of food for a pre workout meal consist of high carbohydrates, moderate protein, and some simple sugars.

Before you hit the gym to exercise, here are a few meals you can try. Remember, finding what works best for you is important. Everyone is a little different.

- Oatmeal with honey and milk.

- I personally like to use the Designer Whey Protein. It has all the proportions of carbs, protein, and sugars you need to have a good workout. This is great for pre and post workout.

- Fruit

- Vegetables

- Whole grain cereal with low fat milk

- Eggs

- Banana with Peanut Butter

- Saltine Crackers with Peanut Butter

- Trail Mix

There are tons of pre workout meal recommendations, the list could go on. The key is to remember that most importantly you need a decent amount of carbs, and a decent amount of protein. Don’t over think it.

Try something out and keep an eye out for results. If it works, stick with it. If it doesn’t work, try another pre workout meal.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.buildingperfectbody.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/ALTERNATE-DUMBBELL-CURL.jpg

Source 1:Medical Inspiration-For doctors and Medical students: What Should I Eat Before I Workout?
    Source 2:Fitness Tips For Everyone | Health and Fitness Tips

Add Reply

Attached Files:

Nemanja P likes this.

2. Nishidh Kansagara

Nishidh Kansagara Well-Known Member

Doctor
    Practicing medicine in:
    India
    can i take food just after workout or wait for sometime.?

3. waleed

waleed Moderator

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    Nishidh The next topic will be what to take after workout ,just follow forum Faculty Of Medicine .

4. Nemanja P

Nemanja P Moderator

Practicing medicine in:
    Serbia
    Thank you for posting this i work out 2 days and make one day break i dont watch what i eat and for 2 years i gotta 10 kg i had before 180cm and 65 kg now i have 73 kg and 180cm and i am planing to make harder my workout and take diet :)