centered image

centered image

Will you advise your son to study medicine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr. Sebastian, Apr 17, 2011.

?

Will you advise your son to study medicine?

1. Yes

69.1%
  2. No

30.9%
  1. Galexander

Galexander Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Romania
    still thinking about it

2. Julet_md

Julet_md Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Philippines
    The study of medicine is not easy but it can be accomplished if one truly puts his heart in it, otherwise he will just become a mediocre in a noble field. If my child truly wants to become a doctor and is willing to push through even after I tell him the Pros and Cons of being a doctor then I will advise, encourage and support him to go through it. BUT if he thinks the cons outweigh the pros of being a doctor then I will advise him not to even think of going through Med school because it is not for the weak resolve. The only way one can become a true and noble member of this profession is to love doing it.

Kibo7 and Dr Felicia like this.
  3. Michal Vilimovsky

Michal Vilimovsky Active member

Medical Student
    Practicing medicine in:
    Czech Republic
    I would advice my son to study medicine for a simple reason. Medicine is one of the domains, which is useful in every country, under any rule. Doctors are usually treated with respect and the science behind medicine is great. It is a constant brain challenge and very rewarding (yet sometimes frustrating) work...

Dr Felicia likes this.
  4. kaspaz

kaspaz Bronze Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Turkey
    Absolutely

5. Ahmed Hammoudi Shahied

Ahmed Hammoudi Shahied Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Iraq
    If he want that I will support him by all means. ..

6. nidal.jebril

nidal.jebril Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Jordan
    Only if they like it .

7. Alex132

Alex132 Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Austria
    no i would not advice my son to get into medicine...for thous who have daughters...i really dont understand why you would advice her to do this..in this world there are a lot of chioces they can take...to worke something else.

of course if they would really want it i would let them...but i would show them the life of a doctor and of a student exactly as it is and that as a docotr you can say goodbye to te human you once was...cuz all the sacrfice's she/he will have to make...will take their life away...and a daughter esspecially would have to know that having chilldren as a doctor is very difficult...no time for personal life means no time for the child...and a child growing up without her mother or father...idk but that just doesent sound correct..if someone would have told me all this...i wouldn't have choose this way of life...

but in the end its all about everyone's way to see their life...and about this...to all the doctor's i would recommand to think twice about the ideea to advice them..they will most likely see life different if you where almoust never by their side...maybe for them the ideea of a family will be so much more important then it ever was for you

ooo and important as well is that you should really educate your children in such a way that they try and know as much as possible about life ...i mean they need to know what choices there are in life and how many beatiful jobs are out there beside medicine...and this will be very DIFFICULT for a doctor to do for the simple fact that our job is a vocational one..that means that not everyone is made for this job not everyone tends to see a job more important then a family and not everyone is ready to give up to his life for a workplace...so if you can do all this...dont tell to the kids that this is the best way..that it is amaizing...you can say that you see it this way..but in the end the whole world has to few doctors...cuz most of the people dont want to be doctors ...and the show them why....its very important to show them our workplace exactly as it is...

like you should do for any other job ^_^... i hope you and your chilldren will be happy

8. Rami Gawish

Rami Gawish Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    Only if he or she loves to be a doctor, I will explain the pros and the cons and let him chose

9. Nessreen monguid

Nessreen monguid Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
  10. Nabil Ali Othman

Nabil Ali Othman Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Palestine
    First, it will be his choice, but every doctor hope to have a little doctor to ne so proud.

11. TeganHo

TeganHo Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    yes but on the condition that he will also be really interested