Dimitrios Baltzis
Last Activity:
Mar 19, 2018
Birthday:
Feb 16, 1976 (Age: 48)

Share This Page

Dimitrios Baltzis

New Member , Male, 48

I am a consultant internist-diabetologist, holding a master degree in nutrition and a PhD in diabetic neuropathy and diabetic foot ulcer. Mar 18, 2018

Dimitrios Baltzis was last seen:
Mar 19, 2018
    1. Dimitrios Baltzis
      Dimitrios Baltzis
      I am a consultant internist-diabetologist, holding a master degree in nutrition and a PhD in diabetic neuropathy and diabetic foot ulcer.
  • About

Birthday:
    Feb 16, 1976 (Age: 48)
    I'm a ?:
    Doctor
    Specialty:
    Internal Medicine
    Medical School:
    aristotle university of thessaloniki
    Graduation Year:
    Are You A Real Doctor (You have to upload a document that includes your name and your job):
    Practicing medicine in:
    Saudi Arabia
    Nationality:
    Greece
    I am a consultant internist-diabetologist, that currently I am serving as the head of the Diabetes-Diabetic Foot Clinic in Mouwasat Hospital in Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I finished the Medical School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in 2003 and I started my residency as an internist in the 3rd department of internal medicine in the General Hospital Papageorgiou of Thessaloniki. After my training as an internist, I continued been training in Diabetes and Diabetic Foot at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, which is the primary teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, USA. I was trained as a Clinical Research Fellow at Microcirculation Lab and Joslin-Beth Israel Deaconess Foot Center, Harvard Medical School. I am also holding a Master Degree in Nutrition and I completed my Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Harvard Medical School dealing with diabetic neuropathy, myocardial ischemia and diabetic wound healing. My main interest is diabetic complication, especially macro- and microcirculation, diabetic neuropathy and wound healing and Ihave papers published in a prestigious journals about this topic. During my fellowship in Harvard Medical School, I was interested in the interaction between neuropathy and microvascular disease in the development of diabetic foot ulceration and the subsequent wound healing impairment. I was mainly involved in bench to bedside research regarding diabetes complications, which includes collaborations from various departments of this institution and other institutions. I believe my theoretical and practical background would help me to provide high quality services in a hospital or institution.
<