centered image

centered image

10 Countries Where Doctors Are Needed Today

Discussion in 'Doctors Cafe' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Talking about the rural areas, highly developed countries that are looking for doctors also face similar challenges with their medical staff. Very few physicians prefer working in a village to working in a metropole. For that reason, there is a huge shortage of doctors, and they are offering visas to foreign physicians. Just use your imagination. Try to picture a village in sub-Saharan Africa. Think about the air conditioning and medical supplies. The proximity of the nearest pharmacy. Next, imagine a village at the foot of the mountain, somewhere in Europe. For instance, Germany. Try to picture the roads, shops and your office. Do you see the difference? Of course, you do. That’s why physicians from the Third World countries are constantly on the lookout for the best country for doctors to immigrate.

[​IMG]

By the way, if you are a medical professional from India, you may wish to know which are the countries accepting Indian medical degrees. Also, this list of highest paying countries for doctors can give you some ideas for your next travel destination.

Now let’s talk about the methodology of our research. First, we checked the situation in the European countries at Skills Panorama, a website with statistical data on medical doctors shortage, to see which could be good candidates for it. Some of our other initial resources included Malaysian Digest, CNN, Forbes, and NCBI. Finally, we turned to Career Jet to see whether those countries are still without enough doctors. Also, Politico gave us useful information on the consequences of a recent departure.

We are positive you are going to find some of these are the best countries for doctors to practice. What we are absolutely sure about is that you have great chances of getting a job in these 10 countries where doctors are needed today. They are listed from the lowest to the highest demand at the moment. Please bear in mind that the situation is changing on a daily basis. However, due to our initial research in which we chose the countries which have been in high demand for medical professionals for years, and according to some forecasts, the trend will certainly continue.

10. Germany

Number of doctors needed: 58

Perhaps the number seems modest, but let us tell you Germany faces a huge shortage of doctors. The predicted gap of up to 106,000 physicians in 2030 should be enough to motivate you to take up a German course.

[​IMG]

9. Belgium

Number of doctors needed: 64

The land of waffles is still looking for some skilled medical professionals in 2017.

[​IMG]

8. Pakistan

Number of doctors needed: 139

Islamabad Capital Hospital (ICH) is currently under great pressure to employ new staff as soon as possible.

[​IMG]

7. Canada

Number of doctors needed: 148

We are continuing our list of countries where doctors are needed today with Canada that is one of the best countries to immigrate to. If you aren’t afraid of getting a little cold, just go ahead.

[​IMG]

6. South Africa

Number of doctors needed: 287

How many doctors are in Africa? The answer is: not enough. World Health Organisation says over 44% of WHO’s Member States claim to have less than 1 physician per 1,000 population.

[​IMG]

5. UAE

Number of doctors needed: 356

United Arab Emirates is world renowned for being one of the most popular countries for foreign medical workers and luckily for you, it’s one of 10 countries where doctors are needed today.

[​IMG]

If you want to work in United Arab Emirates, you may check these job offers for doctors from the new branch of Kings College Hospital London in Dubai here

4. Malaysia

Number of doctors needed: 457

Last year there were less than a 100 cardiologists for 150,000 patients per year. The situation is alarming, so there’s your chance.

[​IMG]

3. The Philippines

Number of doctors needed: 478

The Filipinos are continuously looking for job opportunities outside the borders.

[​IMG]

2. The UK

Number of doctors needed: 2,247

This could be the best country for doctors in Europe. Brexit has brought on many changes, and one of them is doctors’ shortage. Doctors are in high demand, especially heart surgeons and children’s heart doctors.

[​IMG]

1. The USA

Number of doctors needed: 16,824

Who would’ve thought the USA is one of 10 countries where doctors are needed today! Just look at those numbers. The forecast is the number is going to increase even more. Between 61,700 and 94,700 doctors will be lacking by year 2025. Everybody likes being highly desired and appreciated, so it seems the United States is the best place to be a doctor in the world!

[​IMG]

Check Our Free Quiz: What Is The Best Country To Practice Medicine In For You?
    Read Also: For Doctors: How to make money online

Source

Add Reply
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    Igor Babii likes this.

2. Mohammed goma ramadan

Mohammed goma ramadan Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    As for me iam looking forward to apply for a doctor job ....as for me i like to start with UAI then setteldown in england

Nada El Garhy likes this.
  3. RhysDrago

RhysDrago Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    India definitely Needs More Doctors.

4. Ray

Ray Bronze Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Yet, as an American DO I can not apply in the UK or Spain.

5. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    Why would you think of leaving America?

6. Ray

Ray Bronze Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Why does anyone do anything? I want to. That’s enough.

America is not paved in gold with sweet apples on all the trees. I’m not sure why people want to come here. Most end up as endentured servants with little to no rights. And if our leader gets his way, will have less.

7. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    Living in the Middle East, specifically in Egypt, I can tell you that almost all of us want to leave the country, and our options include travelling to USA or UK. However USA is known to be more advanced in the medical field plus the pay is better than in the UK. That's why I asked you why are you thinking of leaving when virtually USA seems better.

Abdoulaye abdelhamit likes this.
  8. Ray

Ray Bronze Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    If you are in medicine to make money, you should get out. You would do better as an accountant or a truck driver (financially).

If your countrymen paid for your education through taxation you are doing them a disservice by taking that gift and running off to America to make more money for yourself. You have a feduciary obligation that you should honor (I worked 30 years and saved every penny I could to pay for my medical education out of my own savings, I do not feel such obligation).

If you come to America on a work visa you are an endentured servant. A-the price of that visa is coming out of your salary. B-you will always be the most junior in the department C-you have no right to speak against your employer or higher staff. D-If you don’t like your employer, you do not have the right to look for other work, because the work visa is paid for by your employer.

You are not likely to be in the thick of the latest greatest hospital settings, you are likely to be in lower market institutions.

Finally, should the current regime be re-instated in 2020 the xenophobia will be made manifest by the mandate of the people (one of the reasons I would like to leave). Would you have gone to work in Germany in 1937??

Nada El Garhy likes this.
  9. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    I can understand how you feel and ironically I can relate.

First, to get things clear, I never considered salary as a priority in choosing my options, but I'm 25 years old, a fresh graduate working as a medical intern in something similar to Foundation Year in the UK. Can you guess how much I'm paid? It's nearly equivalent to 40 dollars a month. So if I were to leave my parents house I can't afford living independently. And to mention this pay is one of the highest in our country for interns.

Second, if I decided to stay in Egypt and work, say for example, as an ob/gyn resident, can you guess how many hours per week will I work? I will tell you, the better question will be how many days I can get off work. The answer is I get one full 24 hours off, and 2 twelve hours off. Meaning the rest of the week I'll be working in the hospital. Doing simple math, it's 120 hours per week. And how much will I get paid? Roughly 170 dollars a month. This salary can make me live independently here in Egypt, but it just won't be enough if I thought of starting a family.

Third, medicine is not practiced right here, mostly due to the inadequate medical supplies and utilities. And to get how miserable it is here, in the hospital I'm working in right now, for example, women coming in to deliver their babies vaginally, do not have the choice to get an epidural. ALL OF THEM ARE OBLIGATED TO DELIVER NORMALLY EXPERIENCING THE WHOLE PROCESS WITH IT'S HORRIBLE PAIN.

Last but not least, yes the country paid for our education, and all of us would choose to stay, but what if we stayed and just couldn't survive the low pay and horrible conditions. We will have three options, either not start a family and live alone, or leave medicine and start pursuing another career that is more financially rewarding, not because we love making money but only because we want to live a decent human life, or the last option which is done my most doctors here who decide to stay, which is work in the private sector after getting dehumanized during years of residency.

PS: you cant work in private hospitals unless you have done your residency in public ones first.

10. Ray

Ray Bronze Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Well, OK. Just don’t think it will be easy street in America. Yea, there is a lot of different gizmos and gagets and procedures, but are you ready for them? I knew a Chinese OB MBBA who failed her US medical boards twice. She pushed wheel chairs for patients just to be inside a hospital.

As for the time and money. The intern times are pretty close. As for salary ($45K is standard for intern in US) it might sound like a lot. Take $20K and pay your malpractice insurance. apartment $1000 a month if you live in a city. Then you have to eat (dozen eggs -> $2.00, milk $2 a liter, etc.) it isn’t a fountain of money.

lance and Nada El Garhy like this.
  11. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    I believe every place has its bad sides, but it would be wise to choose the less disadvantageous option. I enjoyed our conversation and thanks for the insight of how the system works in America. Now we need someone working in the UK to tell us how bad their system is :D Anyway, nice talking to you :)

12. Dr.Rafiullah

Dr.Rafiullah Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Pakistan
    I want job any countries ..south Africa ..Germany