centered image

centered image

10 Tips for Exercising Safely

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by Egyptian Doctor, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

1. Don't hold your breath during strength exercises. This could affect your blood pressure.

2. When lifting weights, use smooth, steady movements. Breathe out as you lift or push a weight, and breathe in as you relax.

3. Avoid jerking or thrusting movements.

4. Avoid locking the joints of your arms and legs into a strained position.

5. Some soreness and slight fatigue are normal after muscle-building exercises. Exhaustion, sore joints, and painful muscle pulls are not normal.

6. Always warm up before stretching exercises.

7. Stretching should never cause pain, especially joint pain.

8. Never bounce into a stretch; make slow steady movements instead.

9. To prevent injuries, use safety equipment such as helmets for biking.

10. You should be able to talk during endurance exercises.

exercise safe.jpg

Source

Add Reply

2. sheeray

sheeray Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    England
    I am quite health conscious person ,So i try my best to spend a healthy and fit life.This is quite informative and useful information mentioned above in article regarding muscles,everyone should know these kind of information.I have learnt many thing from this article.

3. neo_star

neo_star Moderator

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    Breathing pattern during exercise

– When we breathe in the lungs expand and the blood pools in the lungs and when we breath out the blood is squeezed out of the lungs and into the heart, thereby increasing cardiac output. So for any exercise you should breath out during the strenuous phase of the exercise ( the extra output from the heart will provide extra oxygen and nutrients to the contracting muscles thereby lowering the chances of injury ). If you apply intuition, you would think that breathing in means more oxygen and so breath in during the strenuous phase of the exercise. But this idea is flawed, breathing in means more oxygen to your lungs but not to your muscle. As an example, when you do pullups, you should breathe out on your way up and breathe in on your way down. Push ups, breathe in on your way down and breathe out on your way up.

(-: