centered image

centered image

14 ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Quotes That Give Us Life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hadeel Abdelkariem, May 8, 2018.

1. Hadeel Abdelkariem

Hadeel Abdelkariem Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

“Grey’s Anatomy” is back for its 13th season, and we are fully ready for another trip to the Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital. The hit TV show prescribed us all with years of drama, both in the hospital and in all of those beautiful doctors’ personal lives. But the one thing that has kept us glued over the years was whenever one of our favorite characters dropped an inspiring truth bomb to weather us all through troubled times.

From keeping a secret from others, to coping with the loss of a loved one, and even wearing a diaper with pride, “Grey’s” has gone there, and in doing so, provided viewers with philosophical brain food. Check out some our favorite quotes ahead of the season premiere!

Are you addicted to Greys Anatomy, check that through our free quiz here: https://forum.facmedicine.com/quiz/quizzes/are-you-addicted-to-grey-s-anatomy/48

If you aren’t willing to keep looking for light in the darkest of places without stopping even when it seems impossible, you will never succeed.
    – Amelia

[​IMG]

Image source: Image via ABC

Well we went through the scariest thing a person can go through and we survived. So now every day’s just a gift. And now we’re all blessed. Blessed to be here, blessed to be doing what we do best, which is saving lives. Every day. One life at a time. We’re healed so that we can continue healing others.
    – Cristina

So, how do you beat the odds when it’s one against a billion? You’re just outnumbered. You stand strong, keep pushing yourself against all rational limits, and never give up. But the truth of the matter is despite how hard you try and fight to stay in control, when it’s all said and done, sometimes you’re just outnumbered.
    – Meredith

I’ve lived. I’ve really really lived. I’ve failed. I’ve been devastated. I’ve been broken. I’ve gone to hell and back. And I’ve also known joy. And passion. And I’ve had a great love. See death for me is not justice. It’s a ... end of a beautiful journey. And I’m not afraid to die. The question is, are you? A life in prison or an afterlife ... with your wife. Me or you? Your choice.
    – Richard

We are all looking for answers. In medicine, in life, in everything. Sometimes the answers we were looking for were hiding just below the surface. Other times, we find answers when we didn't realize we were asking a question. Sometimes, the answers can catch us completely by surprise. And sometimes, even when we find the answer we’ve been looking for, we’re still left with a whole helluva lot of questions.
    – Meredith

[​IMG]

It’s a common belief that positive thinking leads to a happier, healthier life. As children we are told to smile, be cheerful, and put on a happy face. As adults we are told to look on the bright side, to make lemonade, and see glasses as half full. Sometimes reality can get in the way of our ability to act the happy part though. Your hope can fail, boyfriends can cheat, friends can disappoint. It’s in these moments, when you just want to get real, drop the act, and be your true scared unhappy self.
    – Meredith

Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely, and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next. We can choose to be afraid of it, to stand there trembling not moving, assuming the worst that can happen, or we step forward into the unknown and assume it will be brilliant.
    – Cristina

I wore a diaper yesterday, yes — and I will wear one today. If it helps Dr. Shepherd get through the surgery, I will wear a diaper. My diaper is awesome. My diaper is hard-core. You wish you had the balls to wear my diaper. I’m gonna wear it, and I’m gonna wear it with pride. And if I have to pee in it? Oh, I’ll pee. Because I am a surgeon. This is America. And I will do what needs to be done. So you can kiss my hardcore, diaper-wearing ass.
    – Lexie

[​IMG]

Looking back, it’s easy to see when a mistake has been made ... to regret a choice that seemed like a decent idea at the time, but if we used our best judgment and listened to our hearts, we are more likely to see that we chose wisely and avoided the deepest most painful regret of them all — the regret from letting something amazing pass you by.
    – Meredith

We’re all going to die. We don’t get much say over how or when, but we do get to decide how we’re gonna live. So, do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is this the best you can be? Can you be stronger? Kinder? More Compassionate? Decide. Breathe in. Breathe out and decide.
    – Richard

It’s one of those things that people say, you can’t move on until you let go of the past. Letting go is the easy part, it’s the moving on that’s painful. So sometimes we fight it, try and keep things the same. Things can’t stay the same though. At some point, you just have to let go. Move on. Because no matter how painful it is, it’s the only way we grow.
    – Meredith

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply