centered image

22 Signs You Grew Up In A Family Full Of Doctors

Discussion in 'Doctors Cafe' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

“Are you going to be a doctor, too?”

[​IMG]

Here are some hilarious memories (and struggles) that just might hit home if you’re a part of a medical family.

1 You mastered the art of STFU when a family member was on call.

[​IMG]

2 Your family dinners consist of medical lingo and some very *interesting* stories.

3 You can’t count on one hand how many times you’ve been asked, “Are you going to be a doctor, too?”

[​IMG]

4 When you’re sick, you call your parents first.

[​IMG]

5 Your childhood toys included medical instruments, like stethoscopes. Totally normal.

[​IMG]

6 You know the struggle of trying to get ahold of someone in your family because they’re busy seeing patients.

[​IMG]

7 Your family’s bookshelf is stacked with medical books on medical books on medical books.

8 You grew up with so many free branded goodies from pharmaceutical companies — pens, mugs, you name it.

[​IMG]

9 Can’t forget about all those free vacations you went on when your parents attended conferences.

[​IMG]

10 You gave up on faking sick to skip school. Your parents always knew what was really up.

[​IMG]

11 You’re used to reminders from your family members like this:

12 Your mailbox was flooded with ~prestigious~ medical journals like this:

[​IMG]

13 Your family’s medicine cabinet was STOCKED. UP.

[​IMG]

14 You probably played around with your parent’s old-school beeper.

I spent ages of my childhood playing around with this! #DoctorParentspic.twitter.com/dSLxuTYc9C

— Ahmed T. Radwan (@ATRadwan) June 9, 2014

15 TFW you’re with your parents and run into their patients at the grocery store or mall:

[​IMG]

16 You know TV shows like “House” and “Grey’s Anatomy” were unrealistic AF.

[​IMG]

17 You ate food from the hospital cafeteria.

[​IMG]

18 You understood that when your parents said “we’re leaving the office in 15 minutes,” they meant anywhere between 15 minutes and 3 hours.

[​IMG]

19 You had never-ending Christmas popcorn and gift baskets because patients would bring your parents holiday gifts.

20 You’re proud of the photos your parents have framed of you at their office.

[​IMG]

21 Not to mention, all the nurses, secretaries and doctors at your parent’s office know EVERYTHING about you.

[​IMG]

22 You mastered your messy signature at a young age after watching your parents sign so many prescriptions.

For everyone that makes fun of my signature, my mom's is way worse! #medicalprofessionalproblems #grewupwithdoctors

Source

Add Reply
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019