centered image

3 New Year’s Resolutions That Always Get Results

Discussion in 'Hospital' started by The Good Doctor, Jan 15, 2022.

1. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor Golden Member

In a world of delightfully fit health coaches who gleefully snack on kale chips during the holidays, I am not one of them! I like to splurge. Holiday cookies are my weakness, and pecan balls did not disappoint this season! Did you stray from your health goals? I am right there with you. But as a coach, I believe in celebrations. There is no shame in indulging in treats on special occasions. Splurges are an integral part of the wellness journey, but so is accountability. Was your holiday season extra celebratory? Here are three New Year’s resolutions to get you back on track.

[​IMG]

Intention. Do you want to become your best self? Be intentional. Be specific with your goals and choose behaviors that align with your values. Rather than saying, “This year, I will work out more!” commit to, “This year, I will walk for 15 minutes at lunchtime” and make it happen. Keep your eyes on the prize, act with purpose, and put your best foot forward. When we are intentional with our actions, our best selves come to life.

Resilience. Do you want to reach your goals? Do not vow for success. Vow to be resilient. Resilience means holding the course when life gets sticky. It requires putting in the work when you don’t feel like it. It means showing up when you feel tired, distracted, uneasy, or insecure. Resolve to be resilient in the face of challenges, push through the grit, and you will achieve your goals like a champion.

Grace. Grace is not a free pass to lower your standards or give up. Grace is the freedom to love yourself no matter what. Did you give it your best shot and still fall short? Did you make a choice that set you back? Grace means owning imperfections, disappointments, and failures and loving yourself anyway. You are worthy. You are capable. You are bigger than your struggles. Grace says, “Press on!”

Who do you want to be in 2022? Whatever the goals are, let’s resolve to be intentional with our choices, resilient on our path, and give ourselves grace on the journey. We all deserve to bring our best selves to life—cheers to a new year, new beginnings, and the best you yet.

Source

Add Reply