centered image

5 Common Mistakes People Make in Staying Motivated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

cc4f2574415d392ff97c7271ae127838.jpg

Imagine sitting on a cozy swaying hammock on one of the most exquisite islands of the Caribbean. Listening to the rippling waves thrusting against the rocks, you inhale the majestic aroma of the ocean. The sunlight beams into your eyes and you just feel the incredible urge to smile. When you look up into the bright blue skies, you spot a jet passing. This intrigues you, getting you motivated to fly high in pursuit of your goals.

577d600b5f09bce642ea11f3cba9f71c.jpg

What makes this jet so high, so fast, and so efficient?

This jet (along with similar aircrafts) uses 80% of its fuel just for takeoff. The other 20% suffice for the rest of the journey. Fun fact right? You might ask, “But I’m not a jet, Shay. What does this have to do with me?”

Quite frankly, I think aircrafts are super cool, exciting, and valuable… exactly the way I view you. Even if you don’t think so, I still do. You’ll catch up with reality some day. For now, think of your makeup as somewhat similar to a jet.

Check out these points that you tend to forget when it comes to motivation.

1. Motivation is needed most at takeoff.

People tend to forget that the beginning is always the hardest. Why? The foundation of anything needs to be the strongest point so the process will be much smoother. Before you can cruise or have a flow, a robust momentum must be created. Would you use the weakest blocks to begin a 3 story house? Absolutely not! So why do you think a little motivation can suffice for a whole project? That’s absurd.

You should bear in mind that the best foundation is having a strong and firm belief system. Here is where you will probably find the most pain, barriers, and hardships. Be open to changes but with a balance of believing firmly that you can accomplish what you set out to do. You must not only believe, you must KNOW that it is possible.

2. Discipline is motivation on autopilot.

Before the jet can continue on its path, it doesn’t need as much fuel anymore. Don’t get me wrong, it still needs fuel to go, but just not as much. It’s the same with us humans. After trying over and over then failing, we tend to think we need the same amount of motivation that we began with. This is another common mistake.

It will take a mighty long time to gain the same motivation you started off with; however, you only need 20% to continue. If you can manage to maintain more than that without beating yourself up, then I’m very proud of you.

3. Motivation is like a ramp.

I’ve been working at the JFK Airport in New York for a while now. To get on the aircraft, I’ve got to walk up and down ramps most times. Did you see that? UP and DOWN. Motivation along with anything in this life has similar principles. There are levels, and if you don’t go up your motivation ramp enough you are going to be out of breath when you get to the top. What’s so wrong with being breathless if you’ve reached the goal by getting to the top? Why work towards something you won’t be able to enjoy? Let’s not be backwards now. Life has much more to offer than to strive for something that you’re not going to reap the full rewards.

How do you exercise on these ramps in real life? Attack your problems like a beast! Whenever issues arise, go headway in KNOWING that you’re in control. You can conquer anything!

4. Motivation requires a captain aboard.

For the jet to have a successful flight, it requires a captain or two. Who will drive you if you depend on yourself for everything? It is possible but much harder when you do it alone. Remember that saying, “NO MAN IS AN ISLAND. NO MAN STANDS ALONE”? Accountability is needed, along with guidance from mentors, books, or somewhere else. Just make sure you have that special someone who has the knowledge, stature, and wisdom to help you move from point A to point B. They can be vital in your success.

How long will you study on a subject? You won’t always see eye to eye, but remember to be humble. Gather the information and steps, act on them, and create your own legacy. Always be grateful to the things and people who aid in getting the results you once prayed for.

5. Map the motivation route.

Alas, we have arrived. How can you arrive somewhere of which you don’t have a route for? How can you have a route without mapping it? You must know where you’re headed. If you have no idea where that is, no captain can help you and your fuel will be wasted. Set out with one specific goal then work towards that. People make this mistake then give up afterwards.

If you even want to wander around, you must have a specific reason why you’re doing it. Give it a certain time-frame for how long you wish to wander and alternate for results. I map my goals is by using an app calledLift. I create my goals then it reminds me throughout the day to get the goal done. I got it from a mentor. Now you don’t have a reason not to act on your map.

You can also listen to audiobooks on YouTube and find that specific thing that excites you. Keep doing it over and over. If it isn’t maintained, your jet loses power then eventually loses value.

Conclusion

Now you can avoid all of these mistakes we often make. Invest in you and the power waiting to burst out. The world needs you and what you have to offer. The grind is never over, so keep on with it.

Always remember to try.

Source

Add Reply