centered image

65 year old Mother Of 13 now Pregnant With Quadruplets

Discussion in 'Gynaecology and Obstetrics' started by Hala, May 25, 2015.

1. Hala

Hala Golden Member Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

At 65 years old, Annegret Raunigk spends the majority of her time trying to keep up with all 13 of her children — ages 9 to 44. After the German teacher’s youngest daughter started asking about a younger sibling to take care of, Raunigk decided to make her already sizeable family just a little bit bigger. Her decision to get pregnant via artificial insemination using donated sperm and eggs led to, not one new addition to her family, but four.

Gynecologists familiar with Raunigk’s story agree that she is certainly putting the health of her unborn children and her own at risk by having quadruplets at such an advanced age. Her own gynecologist even recommended “selective abortion,” but Raunigk was vehemently against aborting even one of her children.

Although admittedly worried about raising four more children after the age of 65, Raunigk says having so many kids helps her stay young and healthy. It’s been 10 years since Raunigk gave birth to her youngest daughter, but she says she is already excited to become the oldest woman to ever give birth to quadruplets.

"I'm not actually afraid. I simply assume I'll remain healthy and fit. In matters of organization, I have enough experience. That's not new for me," Raunigk toldAFP.

source

Add Reply