centered image

centered image

7 Lifestyle Changes That Helped Me Lose 80 Pounds

Discussion in 'Dietetics' started by Egyptian Doctor, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

1. I ate more plants.

I'm not saying that you need to go 100% vegan or vegetarian, but eat more fruits and vegetables. Eating too much meat can clog up our systems, and create acidity in our bodies. (Not to mention that most meats are filled with hormones and chemicals.) Before you have meat, eat a huge bowl of quinoa salad with homemade salad dressing! And if you do eat meat, go for organic grass-fed meats, which are higher in quality and have fewer additives. By eating more plant-based foods, you nourish your body with vitamins and minerals, and you'll naturally crave less meat.

2. I stayed hydrated.

Most people are walking around dehydrated, thinking they're hungry. Our bodies are made of 90% water, which means we need to constantly hydrate to keep things moving and flowing the right direction. First thing in the morning, drink some lemon water, which will alkalize your system and stimulate bowel movement!

Other fantastic ways to stay hydrated include: coconut water, green juice, and smoothies. Also eating lots of fruits and vegetables that are water dense will help cleanse and detoxify your whole body! By staying hydrated, you'll have clearer skin, a happier body, and more ENERGY!

3. I got some exercise every day.

If you live in the States, you probably drive everywhere and don't walk much unless you're in a major city with public transportation. It is so easy to get caught up in the daily 9 to 5 and not leave our computer desks. Encourage yourself to take breaks to go outside and stretch. Take a nice morning walk before work, or ride a bike to work! Get a group of co-workers or friends and start a lunch walking crew! It is so important to get your lymph nodes flowing, blood circulating, and sweat our toxins. Benefits of exercising include more endorphins (the "feel good" chemicals), less stress, and more connection to your body!

4. I upped my probiotic foods.

Probiotics are key proponent to our health, and protect our immune system so we don't get sick. There are many foods we can include in our diet that are filled with probiotics: dairy-free coconut or almond yogurt, sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir, or taking a probiotic supplement. (I love GOOD BELLY or Country Life Probiotics.)

5. I used visualization and affirmation.

Before I lost all the weight, I'd visualize how I would feel, fitting into new clothes, feeling confident, and how healthy I was. This is super powerful! My advice? Really think about where you want to be, and how you feel in that state. Then, bring your awareness to feeling that way constantly. I also said affirmations, such as:

I am LOVE, I am WORTHY, I am RADIANT HEALTH, I am CONFIDENT.

Notice these are all in present tense as if they were already true.

6. I learned forgiveness.

This is probably one of the most important tips in transformation! Remember: it's not just a number on the scale that counts but the internal peace we feel deep inside. Often when we are overweight, we are just carrying extra baggage of guilt, shame, trauma. It's our job to forgive all those we have wronged, people who wronged us, and also forgive ourselves. Let go of the negative energy that no longer serves us, and release the pain so we can make room for the happiness, love, and true divinity that is within all of us.

7. I learned to love healthy snacks.

I am a big believer that whatever food you surround yourself with you will probably eat. Many people are on the go these days, so it's important to carry healthy snacks that are easy to eat and give you energy. Always put healthy options in your work area, gym bag, or car so you'll never be starving and end up eating more.

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply