centered image

centered image

7 Reasons Why You Should Be an Anaesthetist

Discussion in 'Anesthesia' started by Egyptian Doctor, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

This article was written by a surgeon just for fun , he is kidding with his friends who work as anaesthetists :

The 7 Reasons To Be Anaesthetist:

1. You get to switch people off from talking by putting them to sleep.
    Twitter limits talk to 140 characters. Anesthetist can do that to their patients too. They only need to ask enough pertinent questions, and in goes the milky solution and the tube to whiz them off to sleep. How cool is that? I sometimes wish I could do that to my patients, particularly the non-operative dizzy ones.

2. You are most up to date with the news.
    The anaesthetist is always listening to the gossip around town. In one theatre they will hear about the general surgeons’ who’s who. In the next theatre, the orthopod’s who hates who. In the next they listen to the plastic’s who augmented who. Still in the next theatre they hear the neurosurgeon’s who buys who. The talks among the nurses, technicians, surgeons, trainees, etc. They are always up to date with gossip. Or ”˜news’ as it is often called in the healthcare industry.

3. You become really, really good at Sudoku.
    The anaesthetists have so much ”˜leisure’ time sitting down during surgery (they call that ”˜work’). Once the patient is asleep, out comes the Sudoku. The speed at which the endotracheal tube goes in is well correlated to the speed at which the Sudoku is extracted form the handbag. I’ve seen some really complex mind boggling sudokus done by anesthetists. Amazing. They get lots of practice at work.

4. You can handover the patient at the end of your shift.
    This is one of the beauties of anaesthetics. While we surgeons have nightmares about our patients, anesthetists get to hand over the patient at the end of their shift. The good ones, bad ones, unstable ones, etc.

5. You get to finish reading a novel/newspaper/magazine/tabloids while getting paid.
    See reason number 3. Actually, you also get to pay your bills, organise your holiday, bid on eBay, shop on Amazon, purchase a new car, do yoga, eat, drink, sleep, and sometimes even brush your teeth, all while the patient is asleep. Well, in short, you get to do what you do at home in the convenience of work.

6. If you don’t like the surgeon, you just have to lift up the sterile barrier.
    It’s always interesting when that happens. I have the luxury of working elbow to elbow or face to face with all types of surgeons. I’ve got no blood/brain barrier I could lift. When they yell at me, well, they yell at me. I have to face the music. And that’s also often when the anaesthetic side suddenly lifts up their barrier and I can almost hear the muffled giggles behind.

7. And this is probably the main reason they do anaesthesia: You get to pass gas at work.
    Now who wouldn’t want to be paid for passing gas all day?

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply

2. shadow

shadow Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Macedonia
    Can you write some serious good reasons you should be Oncologyst???? Please?? My wish its to be an oncologyst. Can you answer how long you must study oncology after basic medical school???

Kornelia and Arploski like this.
  3. Hadrami Arab

Hadrami Arab Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Yemen
  4. dr_samar

dr_samar Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
  5. annum

annum Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Indonesia
    Hahahhaha :)

6. William Brothers

William Brothers Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    No doubt written by a surgeon.

7. stingereyez

stingereyez Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Pakistan
    That is usual part of an anaesthetist surgeons talked ask them who is the saviour of their asses when they are in trouble during after and in high risk surgeris

8. Dr som V thomas

Dr som V thomas Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    It's just like underwear complaining about elastic to which it's is attached ..the waist ...
    Both can't survive without each other.

9. Jumperonice

Jumperonice Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Thailand
    funny and not so funny statement! Hope every doctor could give each other more credits in real life.

10. Dr som V thomas

Dr som V thomas Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    Does this happens in real life? In any country of the world?