centered image

centered image

7 Totally Not-Dumb Vagina Questions You’ve Been Too Embarrassed to Ask

Discussion in 'Gynaecology and Obstetrics' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Your lady business, explained by the experts.

[​IMG]

21b9f6ee17268e44c48734f8d2f690c8.jpg

You know those, er, feminine questions you're too embarrassed to ask your girlfriends—let alone your gynecologist? Yep. We’ve all got ‘em. So we decided it’s high time to peel back the curtain and address them head on.

We asked Women’s Health readers to submit their burning (heh) vagina Qs, and then took them straight to an ob-gyn. Click through for answers to what's really up with your lady biz.

Is It Normal to Feel Aroused When I Pee?

d03a72c6a79c72750bc8f72431a3c4c5.jpg

Think of anything and there’s someone in the world who’s turned on by it. Seriously. “There are a lot of things that different women are aroused by,” says Kate Holloway, M.D., an ob-gyn at the Institute for Women’s Health in San Antonio. “I wouldn’t say some things are normal or abnormal.” Bottom line: Getting a little giddy when you hit the seat isn’t going to do any harm, so no need to freak out. But if it bothers you, feels uncomfortable, or is accompanied by a burning sensation, see your doctor to talk it through, suggests Holloway.

Why Do I Have Smelly, White Discharge?

83820a6240e3c0dd9f11575d17681326.jpg

“This is a very common complaint and question,” says Holloway. Here’s what you need to know: White discharge on its own isn’t cause for concern. “There’s a certain amount of discharge that women have that’s normal, that’s hormonal, and changes throughout the cycle,” says Holloway. Paired with an odor, though? That’s when things get dicey. It could signal anything from a bacterial infection to a sexually transmitted disease, says Holloway. Visit your gyno to help you rule out these more serious issues.

Why Am I Getting My Period Twice a Month?

3663cb3a17157ea94909b77afab0c3fc.jpg

No woman wants a visit from Aunt Flo more frequently than necessary, for obvious reasons. The average woman’s cycle ranges from 25 to 35 days. If you’re getting your period in less time than that, there could be a hormonal issue like hypothyroidism at play, or you might not be ovulating. Set up a time to see your doc for an evaluation. She’ll likely chat with you about your symptoms before diving into a physical exam to make sure everything checks out.

How Do I Prevent My Vagina from "Farting" During Yoga?

ac7f013329e3aea8e34bc36af061f43d.jpg

Rest assured this kind of “farting” (a.k.a. queefing) is totally unlike the other kind. In this scenario, air is getting trapped in your vagina (you can thank wacky poses for that), and releasing as you move around—you know, usually when the rest of the class is completely silent. That’s because your pelvic floor muscles and abdominal muscles contract to push the air out, says Holloway. Your game plan: Don’t let the air in to begin with. “Wear a tampon to block the vagina so you can’t have any passage of air either in or out,” suggests Holloway. Then, you’re free to focus on your practice and not on strange noises coming from your nether regions.

How Do I Stop Getting Acne in My Pubic Area?

0a30f0d8946792bdd2bb374b931b9b7c.jpg

Those little bumps likely aren’t acne, but infections from your hair-removal methods, like razor burn, says Holloway. Consider taking a break from your razor for a while. If you’re prepping for a vacay and need to tame your bikini line, opt for waxing or lasering instead. If ditching the razor doesn’t clear it up, visit your gynecologist to make sure it’s not a rash or infection, says Holloway.

Why Does One of My Labia Lips Hang Lower Than the Other?

f98146629b27d262c851d61042fa5598.jpg

“It’s a totally normal thing,” says Holloway. The labia minora of most women are asymmetrical, with one lip hanging lower than the other. If it doesn’t bug you, then don’t worry about it. But if it does, you could explore a procedure called labiaplasty that’ll correct the asymmetry, says Holloway. About 37 percent of labiaplasty patients opt in for aesthetic reasons, one study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine estimates.

Why Does My Vagina Itch Horribly Before I Get My Period?

4a6ebc119f2782e3672f791ed09deff9.jpg

Blame your lady hormones. “There are hormonal changes that occur throughout the cycle that can cause lower estrogen levels right before the period,” says Holloway. “That could lead to thinning of the vaginal skin, which can make it more dry, irritated, and potentially itchy.” Itching horribly is a different story, though. “Anything associated with hormonal changes shouldn’t be horrible,” says Holloway. If it’s next-level uncomfortable, get it checked out. A vaginal or skin infection could be to blame.

Source

Add Reply
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Ghada Ali youssef likes this.

2. Ghada Ali youssef

Ghada Ali youssef Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    Informative ! Thank you