centered image

centered image

8 Ways To Still Feel Confident When You Have Acne

Discussion in 'Dermatology' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

d5bc04dba384d6161398462286a4921c.jpg

Having acne is really, really difficult. I generally have great self-esteem, but I also have bad, stubborn acne, which puts a damper on my confidence. I sit here and tell y’all to be confident no matter what and don’t worry about what other people think. But actually doing that myself is pretty hard for me because when my skin is acting up, I don’t even want to look in the mirror.

One thing I’m really working on for the new year is loving myself more despite my acne and other flaws I see. It’s, of course, easier said than done, but that’s one of my resolutions. My first issue to tackle is my acne, and believe it or not, you can still be confident with a face full of blemishes:

4039088f5649d28bbe01ab7e953ff6ca.jpg

Stay Positive

Trust me, I know this is super hard to do. When you get down on yourself, pretty much everything is really negative. You can easily throw yourself a pity party, but it takes a lot more effort to stay positive despite the negatives. If you start acting really positive and focusing more on the good things that are going on, you'll stop worrying so much about the negatives like your skin.

80787642707b7137f0477418ce9cf170.jpg

Realize It's Not As Noticeable As You Think

Even though your acne is insanely noticeable to you, most people aren't paying attention to your skin. If they are, they have way too much time on your hands. I know it's difficult not to feel like people are staring at your skin, I guarantee 99.9% of them are.

6ff95436af81f71a734deceea125eecb.jpg

Don't Spend Too Much Time Analyzing Your Skin
    Do you ever get stuck in front of the mirror, looking at every singly pore and criticizing yourself? Yeah, me too. But stop it! You can literally pick yourself apart, and that's not healthy. Step away from the magnifying mirror.

9cec1d46ac108e92f54fd5dc621dfc1c.jpg

Don't Let It Stop You From Doing Things

I know what it's like to not want to leave the house because you feel conscious about your skin. I get it. But the worst thing you can do is let your acne run your life. Your acne does not control you!

9e9f16d0ecdd6be99da2f54eef22c344.jpg

Be Patient

Patience really is a virtue in life, but especially when you're dealing with acne. Products and medications take time to work. Some can take weeks or months, even! It's important to remember that instead of expecting a quick fix. The sooner you start being patient, the easier your acne journey will be.

efd990d5c7cb5acf877b06097005d0bc.jpg

Focus On The Positives

Instead of focusing on your acne, which is something you hate, focus on the things you love about yourself instead. Identifying your best qualities will remind you that you can in fact be kind to yourself. Don't let your acne destroy your confidence completely!

0384410af287a7e09562dd2ec428f6d4.jpg

Talk To Other People With Acne

When my acne was really, really severe, one of the biggest things that helped me was finding people online who were struggling with acne too. Hearing other people's stories made me feel less alone and put things in perspective for me.

1911850c9c01fef23ca4041f4829a3ce.jpg

Ignore Comments

If someone says something rude about your acne, don't indulge them. Someone commenting on your skin says way more about that person than it does about you. And that someone is a total jerk.

Source

Add Reply

Attached Files:

2. globalet93

globalet93 Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Marshall Islands