centered image

A Son's Heartwarming Message Wakes his Mom From 'COMA'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Riham, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Riham

Riham Bronze Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

c783508ef922ead41ab39a582efe7c27.jpg

After doctors played a heartfelt message from her son a woman woke up from a two-week-long coma. Single mom Danielle 34, had spent 16 days in a coma following a devastating car crash and the sound of her son Ethan's voice amazingly managed to awaken her. The mother-of-one from Andover, Hampshire was driving during torrential rain when she lost control of the vehicle and ended up rolling it across the motorway. She said: "The weather was so awful that you could barely see the car in front. I was running about 25 minutes early for my appointment, so I thought I'd pull over at the next service station and wait it out.

The mother-of-one from Andover, Hampshire was driving during torrential rain when she lost control of the vehicle and ended up rolling it across the motorway.

She said: “The weather was so awful that you could barely see the car in front. I was running about 25 minutes early for my appointment, so I thought I’d pull over at the next service station and wait it out.

However, she never made it to the services.

“It all happened so quickly, but there was time for so much to run through my mind. It was all Ethan, just Ethan.” Danielle added.

0fcf5b5e485dac813170a1feaca7414f.jpg

Danielle suffered a broken back and neck as a result of the incident and inhaled so much broken glass that her throat was pierced in places.

In order to prevent any further damage to her body, doctors put Danielle into a coma while they worked on saving her life.

Amidst a 36-hour surgery to repair the damage, Danielle developed septicaemia which unfortunately lead to the amputation of one of her arms.

6ee0eae214958a45c1dd9f91d8fadffa.jpg

Following this gruelling procedure, her brain had swelled so much doctors were unsure if she was going to survive the ordeal.

Understandably, this news horrified her only son Ethan and in a desperate attempt to awaken his mom he recorded a special message for her.

He said: “Hi Mummy, it’s me. I’m with Nanny and I’m safe. You just do what the doctors say so you can get better and you can wake up soon. I love you, Mummy.”

Danielle’s mother played the recording routinely by her daughter’s bedside, as well as telling her all the things Ethan had been doing at school.

Finally, Danielle woke up.

“Mum and dad were crying by my side, but I couldn’t talk because of the tubes in my throat, and the lacerations from swallowing glass,” she says. “I kept trying to say sorry, but I didn’t really know what I was apologising for.”

Danielle is now recovering well and continuing to make progress every day with the help of her son and the rest of her family by her side.

Source

Add Reply