centered image

centered image

After Child Takes Bite Out Of Banana, Mom Spots Red Lines – Rushes Child To ER Just In Time

Discussion in 'Microbiology' started by Ghada Ali youssef, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Ghada Ali youssef

Ghada Ali youssef Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Fruits and veggies should be a staple in many people’s diets. It is important to eat a wide variety of colorful fruits and veggies since each color dictates a certain nutrient and vitamin. A UK mother was doing just that when she went to a local grocery store to procure some bananas.

It wasn’t until she cut them open that she realized that the bananas were the cause of her daughter’s illness.

The mother believes that the red streak running down the banana was a sign of contamination that caused her young daughter to become sick.

Lissa Merlin is a mother from the United Kingdom and she was doing her regular grocery shopping when she picked up a set of bananas.

She brought them home and her young daughter, Dionne, decided to take a banana and eat it. It wasn’t long until the little girl suddenly began to feel ill.

Being a cautious mother, she checked the banana that her daughter had ate and it revealed a reddish black streak down the core.

The discoloration was due to a mold caused by a type of fungus called Nigrospora. Although many would assume that all mold is toxic to humans, Nigrospora is actually different.

Nigrospora is a type of black mold but it has not been clinically proven to be toxic to humans or other living organisms.

Still, Lissa decided to take her daughter to the hospital for safety precautions. She has since been released and fully recovered.

Another parent from Liverpool had a similar encounter to her yellow fruit. ‘as I peeled the skin off my favorite fruit, I was slightly concerned about red veins that seemed to be running throughout. It was like nothing I’d ever seen before and very cautiously I decided to back away from the banana.’

The representatives of the store that Lissa shopped at released a statement that read: ‘we are sorry for Mrs. Melin’s daughter’s distress. This product did not meet our strict quality standards. However, we would like to assure her that it is a naturally occurring mold which is not harmful to humans.’

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply

2. ali ahmed

ali ahmed Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Saudi Arabia
    hi Ghada how r u
    I am a pharmacist
    do you think is there jobs for me in Brunie?