centered image

centered image

As An Anesthesiologist What Is The Creepiest Thing That Ever Happened During A Patient's Surgery?

Discussion in 'Anesthesia' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

This question was originally posted on Quora.com and was answered by Anthony Lawson, MD Anesthesiology & Ambulatory Surgery Centers, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (1999)

[​IMG]

I was in the Operating Theatre changing room when a Surgical Tech came hurriedly, screaming that they needed help. A patient couldn’t be intubated and his oxygen levels were falling. I said I was on my way to assist. I jumped into the first scrubs I could grab and ran to the Operating theatre. All at the same time tying up my scrubs and trying to stop my self from tripping as I ran.

I entered the room and assessed what was happening. I took over from my associate. All this time the Surgeon and staff are fretting that our patient would die. With great dexterity ( as I recall ) & luck, I was able to intubate the patient in one go. The day was saved and the patient’s life and limb was preserved.

Did I mention that as I started to intubate the patient, my scrubs, which were 3 sizes too large, fell down to my ankles ? I didn’t skip a beat. I continued the intubation to save the patient’s life. All whilst I was 1/2 naked in my thong. I bent over pulled up my scrubs and saluted the staff. None made a comment as I egressed the room. After all, this was a US Naval hospital.

Source

Add Reply