centered image

Boris Johnson: I Owe Doctors And Nurses My Life After Coronavirus Treatment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by In Love With Medicine, Apr 11, 2020.

1. In Love With Medicine

In Love With Medicine Golden Member

[​IMG]

Boris Johnson has praised the "exemplary" care he has received from doctors and nurses during his coronavirus treatment, saying: "I owe them my life."

Hailing the work of medics at St Thomas' Hospital in London, the prime minister has told friends: "I can't thank them enough."

Mr Johnson is spending his seventh night in hospital after being admitted last Sunday, 10 days after testing positive for COVID-19.

Earlier on Saturday, Downing Street said the PM was making "very good progress" in his recovery after being moved out of intensive care and he had been playing games and watching films from his hospital bed.

There has been no update on when he is likely to be discharged.

Mr Johnson's remarks came after it was confirmed another 917 coronavirus patients had died in hospitals in the UK - including an 11-year-old - bringing the country's death toll to 9,875.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock revealed that at least 19 NHS workers were among those to have died after contracting COVID-19.

Source

Add Reply