centered image

centered image

Brief Experience For Passing MRCP Part 1 With Score 709

Discussion in 'PLAB' started by Egyptian Doctor, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

My experience of passing part-1:
    I'll keep it brief..
    I took exam on this January and passed with a score of 709.

Firstly I want to say, I did USMLE step 1 and step 2 (CK) previously. That paved the journey of prep for MRCP part 1 a bit smooth. I just took prep for 2 months while I was in full time job. I used to read 3-4 hours per day.
    Firstly, I went through Passmedicine (pdf file) thoroughly. I felt, all the concepts are under my grip. So, I decided to go through another Qbank to solidify my knowledge. Then I started Onexam (offline). It was tougher than Passmed but some portions were really good. The exam date came closer. I began revising passmed and finished some days before exam. I took some notes and saved the important charts from Passmed and went through them again and again.
    Exam date approached. I went and appeared. Thats it. Mostly questions were from the concepts of passmed. So, thats the bible for part 1 according to me.
    That concludes my experience. Its a bit atypical. I would like to say, believe in yourself. God has given us a beautiful brain. Let's utilize it.
    Bible says,
    "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going"

Best wishes for all........
    By Sk Shozibul Islam

Add Reply