centered image

centered image

Company Claims They’ve Made A Chocolate That Will Cure Period Pains

Discussion in 'Gynaecology and Obstetrics' started by Hadeel Abdelkariem, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Hadeel Abdelkariem

Hadeel Abdelkariem Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Try as we might, when our time of the month rolls around, there's no stopping the misery that comes with it. Personally, I always leave $50 aside just for my week of agony. Aside from the logical purchases of tampons and migraine medication, I also stroll down the candy aisle, spending the majority of my cash on ridiculous amounts of sugar. They're the closest thing to happiness in these times of trouble. I don't even really like sweets, but when aunt Flo comes to visit, I'm practically snorting pixie sticks.

[​IMG]

We've known for a while that temporary cures for period discomfort exist: movies by Nicholas Sparks, comfy clothes, and massive amounts of chocolate. While my friends are getting ready for a night on the town, I'm usually in bed with a heading pad and a bottle of wine, watching sad movies, crying into a pint of Ben and Jerry's. No drug in the world works like four straight days of snuggling in a bed full of pillows and candy wrappers.

That is, until now. Good news ladies: apparently chocolate isn't only good taking your emotional pain away, there's a new kind that will make you feel better physically too.

Chocolate has always been a feel-good staple for women on their periods, but now it's becoming a legitimate solution to relieve period pains. The company Chocolate With Love created the chocolate bar called Frauenmond, which translates to "woman’s moon". Chocolate is already a help to women on their periods. It contains magnesium, helps alleviate cramps and increases energy, as well as endorphins, which can make a sobbing hormonal woman into a whole new happy person.

But Frauenmond goes even further in a lady's time of turmoil. What's so special about this new kind of chocolate? Well, it contains 17 different herbs from the Swiss mountains, and they work alongside the serotonin that is found in cocoa - creating a soothing effect on the mind and body comparable to aromatherapy.

Swiss chocolatier Marc Widmer, mastermind behind the chocolate claimed: "We want to make the menstruation days of women more comfortable."

Men will be glad to hear that they can enjoy the delicious treat as well - it just won't have the same effect. Women face severe pain during their time of the month; cramps, migraines, and nausea are just a few symptoms experienced during the dreaded cycle. Not to mention the constant state of depression. It's truly terrible. Thankfully the chocolate gods are smiling on us ladies - we really deserve it after all we've been through.

Source

Add Reply