centered image

centered image

Coronavirus: Palestinian Son Climbs Hospital To Sit On Window Ledge Of Mother's Room Until Her Death

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mahmoud Abudeif, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Mahmoud Abudeif

Mahmoud Abudeif Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

A devoted Palestinian man climbed up the side of a hospital building so he could sit on the window ledge of his mother's hospital room to be with her while she suffered from coronavirus.

[​IMG]

Jihad Al-Suwaiti, 30, was not allowed to visit his mother Rasma Salema in person after she tested positive for coronavirus and was admitted to a hospital in Hebron, in the West Bank.

Despite the visiting ban, Jihad used a drainpipe and another window ledge to climb up the hospital building so he could sit with his mother, who also had leukaemia, behind the safety of her window.

A moving photo shows Jihad sitting on the window ledge. He returned each day until his mother sadly passed away last Thursday, Bored Panda reported.

A hospital official was quoted in local media as saying: 'He spent most of his day there, observing his mother's condition from outside the window, before coming down when he was convinced that his mother was fast asleep.'

Jihad was reportedly the woman's youngest son and had lost his father 15 years previously.

His brother was quoted as saying: 'Our mother was also battling leukaemia prior to being diagnosed with COVID-19 a few weeks ago.

'When Jihad was informed about our mother's death, he was angry and in shock.'

He added: 'Now he seems to have accepted the fact.'

The image of him sitting on the window ledge was shared by Twitter user Mohamed Safa.

One person commenting on the video said: 'This made me shed a tear. Lost my mum in 2014 and life hasn’t been the same.

'I don’t celebrate my birthday because hers is just 9days before mine.

'The feeling of not hearing her voice anymore is totally devastating. Love and light to everyone who has lost a parent.'

Another wrote: 'Can this become any more sad when we are only able to comfort our loved ones through a window, phone or tablet?

'Then I am also so thankful that we can even do that. She saw her son’s face one last time - I pray she is in peace now.'

Source

Add Reply