centered image

Coronavirus: Santa Claus Vaccinated, Cleared For Travel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mahmoud Abudeif, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Mahmoud Abudeif

Mahmoud Abudeif Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Santa Claus can visit homes safely this year since he received a COVID-19 vaccine, according to Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

[​IMG]

Fauci was responding to questions Saturday during a Sesame Street special with CNN when several children asked if Santa could visit since there are so many restrictions due to the pandemic.

“I took care of that for you because I was worried that you’d all be upset,” Fauci responded. “A little while ago, I took trip up there to the North Pole. I went there and I vaccinated Santa Claus myself.”

Fauci added that he measured Santa’s level of immunity and said that he’s safe to travel.

“He can come down the chimney. He can leave the presents,” Fauci said. “You have nothing to worry about. Santa Claus is good to go.”

On Monday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the New York State Department of Health granted Santa a travel waiver for Christmas. However, he’s still required to wear a mask this year to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

“I think you will still be able to recognize him even though he’ll be wearing a mask because he does have a fairly distinct outfit that he wears,” Cuomo said during a news briefing. “I don’t think there will be any issue in identifying Santa this year.”

The right jolly old elf asked for an exception to the 14-day quarantine requirement for travel in New York, Cuomo said, adding that it would be impractical for Santa to quarantine and still deliver all of the gifts on time.

“He’ll be able to do his job but do it safely because he’ll be wearing a mask,” Cuomo said.

Source

Add Reply