centered image

centered image

Cost-effective Advanced Wound Dressing (AWD) for Open Wounds & Difficult-To-Heal Wounds

Discussion in 'Dermatology' started by mrtsiung, May 28, 2019.

1. mrtsiung

mrtsiung Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Malaysia

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been doing some research on effective wound care.

I've found out that we are lacking of a cost-effective wound care solution for the mass market.

There may be high-end technology such as bio-cell, NPWT, regenerative cell, & etc... Obviously, these solutions serve the upper-class market better. I believe we all know too well inside us who needs this type of care – the middle and lower class group that have no way to afford such expensive therapy.

If you look at the general market of advanced wound dressing, we have tonnes of different AWD with respective strength and weaknesses.

Sometimes, when we want to treat open wounds or difficult-to-heal wounds, we find ourselves in difficult situation where there isn't one that can deliver the job. Most of the times, we wish we could combine the advantage/strength of different wound dressing, but we can't. There's no magic trick here.

According to Turner T.D., here's the characteristics of an ideal wound dressing:
    – Provide thermal insulation
    – Be highly absorptive
    – Be impermeable to bacteria
    – Be free of contaminants
    – Be non-adherent
    – Be non-toxic

Then, I found this product which can deliver like what Turner T.D. mentioned.

- a continuous non-healing wound
    [​IMG]

-trophic ulcer
    [​IMG]

-burns
    [​IMG]

As you can see, this AWD can effectively:
    1. cover wounds of all size and shape
    2. protect the wound from harmful foreign substances
    3. maintain the wound moisture
    4. absorbs exudates effectively
    5. allow the wounds to heal

I would like to get some professional opinions about this wound dressing.

Add Reply