centered image

Dad Gets Tattoo Of Son's Birthmark To Help Him Feel Less Self-Conscious

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mahmoud Abudeif, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Mahmoud Abudeif

Mahmoud Abudeif Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

A Canadian father has delighted his son by getting a tattoo to match his eight-year-old's birthmark, spending 30 hours under the needle in the process.

[​IMG]

Derek Prue Sr, from Stony Plain, Alberta, noticed that his son Derek Jr was refusing to take his t-shirt off in the swimming pool. He was born with a large birthmark on his chest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Prue told us:

He was always proud of his birthmark and then I saw he started to kind of cover it up. I think he was maybe a little bit self conscious about it. I was wanted to get the same thing so he wouldn't be the only one.

[​IMG]

Prue Sr went to Juicy Quill Tattoo as a secret, for the first of what would end up being nine sessions.

I thought it was going to be a one session kind of thing. But three hours turned into about 30 hours.

Because of the size and positioning of the tattoo birthmark, He had to be frozen multiple times to help with the pain.

[​IMG]

Derek Jr's mother, Hope Marie, thanked the tattoo studio for their work.

Just wanted to say thank you for all you have done and your part in making this so special for my son. You will forever be a part of our lives! His painting you gave him is already up in his room! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Again with the most sincere gratitude THANK YOU.

Prue Sr added: 'It's really cool to see him smile.'

Source

Add Reply