centered image

centered image

Day One of Medical School

Discussion in 'Medical Students Cafe' started by Hadeel Abdelkariem, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Hadeel Abdelkariem

Hadeel Abdelkariem Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

The first day of medical school is a day I’ve been dreaming about for years now, but today it actually became a reality! These are just some of the things I did to help me prepare for my first day that I learned from my fellow upperclassmen.

[​IMG]

1. Prepare ahead. There is no syllabus week in medical school. I had six hours of straight lecture on the muscles of the back, cell biology, and biochemistry on the first day of class. Skim the syllabus and review the PowerPoints posted before class. Don’t stress on the specifics. Just have a general idea of what you are going to learn.
    2. Be there early. It’s important to get their early on the first day to find a comfortable seat in the lecture hall. Also, you may avoid some traffic by arriving earlier than your classmates.
    3. Review after class. Medical school is tough due to the massive amount of information thrown at you from day one. Take some time off after you get out of a lecture, but be sure to review class material before the next lecture.
    4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. It’s important to start off the year strong. If you feel as if you are missing information or not understanding the lecture, schedule a time to meet with the lecturer. There are also advisors that are more than willing to meet with you to create a schedule plan. Moreover, starting medical school may also put stress on you socially. Be sure to talk to your friends and family about the commitment you are making.
    Good luck on your first day!

Source

Add Reply