centered image

centered image

Doctor Goes Viral After Saving Man's Life Wearing A Bikini

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mahmoud Abudeif, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Mahmoud Abudeif

Mahmoud Abudeif Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

This Hawaii-based doctor has gone viral after sharing powerful images of her saving a man’s life while in her bikini.

[​IMG]

Dr. Candice Myhre is just one of thousands of women working in medicine, who have started taking to social media in bikinis to protest a study titled, ‘Prevalence of unprofessional social media content among young vascular surgeons’, which claims posing in a bikini is inappropriate for a medical professional.

In a powerful Instagram post on Saturday, Candice demonstrated that in some circumstances, the two can even be interchangeable.

“Dr Bikini will save your life in the middle of the Ocean when you get hit by a boat,” she wrote.

“I will take you out of the ocean on a surfboard turned into a backboard, tie off your exsanguinating wound with my rash guard, take you to my under equipped urgent care, stabilize you in 1 hour with an IV, oxygen, morphine, fluids, Foley, and put your open femur fracture in Bucks traction, fly you by helicopter to a local hospital, order and interpret all the labs, xrays, CT scans, suture/staple all your wounds, splint your clavicle/ humerus and scapula fractures, sedate you, put a chest tube in your 5 rib fractured hemopneumothorax and fly you by jet to a specialty hospital in another country....all in my you guessed it [bikini].”

The Emergency Medicine Physician, practicing in Kalaheo, Hawaii, explained that she was posting in solidarity with female vascular surgeons by proclaiming that “Female doctors can wear whatever they want.”

“Female doctors, nurses, NPs/PAs, all healthcare professionals - we can wear a bikini, a dress, or we can wear scrubs. This does not change how good we are at being a healthcare provider. We can wear WHATEVER we want on our free time, and still save your life,” she contined.

“Sexism in medicine is alive and well. But we won’t let that stop us.”

The study, conducted from 2016 to 2018 and published in the Journal of Vascular Surgery in late 2019, sought to “evaluate the extent of unprofessional social media content among recent vascular surgery fellows and residents.

There it was deemed that bikinis and swimwear are an example of the “inappropriate attire” and “potentially unprofessional content” that appears on the public social media profiles of young people in the industry.

Source

Add Reply