centered image

centered image

Doctors Diagnosed Her With Bone Cancer 20 Years Ago, Now She Is A Doctor In The Same Hospital

Discussion in 'Oncology' started by Hadeel Abdelkariem, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Hadeel Abdelkariem

Hadeel Abdelkariem Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Doctors diagnosed her with bone cancer more than 20 years ago, and now she’s back in the very place that saved her life. This is the story of Dr. Jen Pratt.
    She still has a scrap book chronicling her battle with cancer. She underwent chemotherapy for a year and had surgery to remove the tumour in her leg. Around that time, Jen at just 11 years old figured out what she wanted to do when she grew up. “I wanted to give back and support other families the way that I felt so supported, from that point on I knew that I wanted to go into medicine,” she said.
    So now Jen is Dr. Pratt. Not only that, she cares for kids in the same hospital Children’s St. Paul where she was diagnosed and treated. “It’s really incredible to be able to walk down these halls and feel like I’m delivering the care that I felt so impacted by as a child,” she said. “And honestly, it’s a privilege to be able to work here. I love it. I love my job.”

[​IMG]
    Source

Add Reply