centered image

centered image

Everything About "Sex During Pregnancy"

Discussion in 'Gynaecology and Obstetrics' started by Egyptian Doctor, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Can I have sex while I'm pregnant?

Absolutely. With a normal pregnancy, you can keep doing it right up until your waters break. except if you have medical problems like placenta previa or history of miscarriages for unknown cause so you should ask you doctors in special cases.

Will sex harm the baby?

You won't hurt the baby by making love, even with your partner on top. The thick mucus plug that seals the cervix helps guard against infection. The amniotic sac and the strong muscles of the uterus also protect your baby. Though your baby may thrash around a bit after orgasm, it's because of your pounding heart, not because he knows what's happening or feels pain. There are some important circumstances, however, in which you may be advised not to have intercourse.

Will it feel as good?

Even better for some women, not as good for others. Increased blood flow to the pelvic area can cause engorgement of the genitals and heighten the sensation. But the same engorgement gives other women an uncomfortable feeling of fullness after intercourse ends. Also, some women feel abdominal cramps during or after intercourse.

I haven't really been in the mood since I got pregnant. Is this normal?

Yes. The big changes in your body are bound to change your sexual life. Some women, finally free from worries about conception and contraception, feel sexier than ever. But others are just too tired or nauseated to make love, especially in the first trimester. The second trimester is often marked by a resurging libido. Your desire may wane again in the third trimester as birth, labour and your belly loom large, or you may simply feel unattractive.

Will my partner's sex drive change?

Most people find their pregnant partner truly attractive. But a partner's desire may be dampened by concerns for the health of the mother and baby, apprehension about the burdens of parenthood, fear that sex can hurt the baby or even self-consciousness about making love in the presence of their unborn child.

Which positions are the most comfortable?

Here are some time-tested positions and tips for making love while you're pregnant:
    • Lie sideways. Having your partner on top demands increasingly creative gymnastics as your tummy swells. But lying partly sideways allows your partner to keep most of his weight off your uterus.
    • Use the bed as a prop. Your bulge isn't an obstacle if you lie on your back at the side or foot of the bed with your knees bent, and your bottom and feet perched at the edge of the mattress. Your partner can either kneel or stand in front of you.
    • Lie side-by-side in the spoons position, which allows for only shallow penetration. Deep thrusts can become uncomfortable as the months pass.
    • Get on top of your partner. It puts no weight on your abdomen and allows you to control the depth of penetration.
    • Enter from a sitting position, which also puts no weight on the uterus. Try sitting on your partner's lap as he sits on a [sturdy] chair.

Have faith - where there's a will, there's a way. With a little experimenting, you and your partner are sure to find a technique that works for you.

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply