centered image

Family With COVID-19 Couldn't Smell House Fire, Saved By Daughter Who Doesn't Have Virus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mahmoud Abudeif, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Mahmoud Abudeif

Mahmoud Abudeif Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Compared to the inability to breathe, the inability to smell might seem like a minor symptom of COVID-19.

[​IMG]

But what if your house were on fire? Imagine it's in the middle of the night. Your house is on fire, but because you have no sense of smell, you're totally unaware of the danger.

It was a reality for the Rivera family. Fortunately, the youngest daughter is not sick and smelled the smoke just in the nick of time.

"I started smelling burnt plastic. That's when I got more alert, and I ran outside of my room, and I couldn't even pass the hallway because it was filled with so much smoke. And I knew I had to wake everyone up,” said Bianca Rivera.

The fire raged.

Bianca, 17, managed to wake everyone and get them to safety. That's when she realized the family's four dogs were still inside.

"All I was thinking is I also have to save the animals that we have here. So, I started getting every single dog that we had, and I took them out, and I made sure everyone was safe and outside, away from the property,” said Bianca.

The light of day reveals the house is a total loss. And, certainly, the family could have been, too, if it weren't for the bravery and keen sense of smell of their own angel.

Bianca insists she's no hero.

"I don't really count myself as a hero. I just did what anyone would else would do for their own family. I just wanted to get everyone out safe and alive,” said Bianca.

It's unclear what caused the fire or if the home had smoke detectors.

The Rivera family was left with just the clothes on their backs.

They're staying at a motel and the Red Cross is helping them.

Source

Add Reply