centered image

centered image

Fitness Coach Who Looks Better In Her 40s Than She Did In Her 30s Reveals The Secret

Discussion in 'Dietetics' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

• Justine Whitchurch, 45, from the Gold Coast, looks better at 45 than in her 30s
    • Justine shared the secret to her very youthful looks - moisturising twice daily
    • The mother explained that she lost her way in her thirties with her health
    • She went on to lose 17 kilograms and compete in her first bikini competition

[​IMG]

When you're on a quest to lose weight, often you will end up at a point when everything starts to plateau.

And for some, getting over that hump can be the trickiest hurdle to climb.

Justine Whitchurch, 45, from the Gold Coast, transformed her body and her life in order to shed a 17kg at the age of 40, entering her first bikini modelling competition at 41. Since then, she has competed three times.

The now fitness coach recently shared a transformation snap, in which she illustrated how much her physique has changed since her twenties, throughout her thirties, and now at her fittest in her forties.

She also revealed the secret to her very youthful looks - moisturising her entire body twice a day.

[​IMG]

Justine Whitchurch (pictured), 45, from the Gold Coast, transformed her body and her life in order to shed 17 kilos at 40, entering her first bikini modelling competition at 41

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Justine (pictured in her 30s) recently spoke about how her body has changed - while she looked great in her 20s, and does so now, she fell off the wagon in her 30s

'In my 20s, I was a confident, strong and fiercely independent woman,' Justine wrote on her Instagram page.

'In my 40s, I found myself all over again.

'Somewhere in between there were years of being so far removed from either of these periods that I don't recognise myself nor relate to any of my behaviours or actions. I call it my "sabbatical".'

[​IMG]

According to Justine, while in her teens and twenties, she was 'confident, self-assured, driven, passionate in motivated' (pictured in her twenties)

[​IMG]

These days, Justine looks after herself and makes sure she practises a diligent routine each day when working out

According to Justine, while in her teens and twenties, she was 'confident, self-assured, driven, passionate in motivated', this all changed when she turned 30.

'I went "MIA" from life, or more specifically, living,' she wrote on her blog.

After a relationship breakdown, she said she became somewhat 'self destructive'.

'I ate poorly (when I actually ate), exercise was a foreign concept, tracksuits and leggings became a staple in my wardrobe, my hair was coloured every few months and I simply aged,' she said.

'I didn't care anymore.'

Spiralling into a period where her self-worth hit rock bottom, Justine explained she soon wasn't 'capable of caring anymore'.

'But, through the guidance of the angels that have looked after me in my darkest hours, I recovered.'

[​IMG] [​IMG]

'I distracted myself constantly with happy, healthy and positive people who believed in me. I respected my body and thanked it daily for pulling me through,' she said of the moment she decided to turn her life around (pictured on the bodybuilding catwalk)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A typical week of workouts for the 45-year-old will involve five steady state cardio sessions and five strength sessions.

Surrounding herself with the people who loved her 'and had my best interests at heart', the mother took charge of her body, nurturing it with good food and regular exercise.

'I created a regular training routine that made me accountable,' she wrote on the blog post.

'I distracted myself constantly with happy, healthy and positive people who believed in me. I respected my body and thanked it daily for pulling me through.

'And then I simply pressed repeat.'

To this day, the 45-year-old said she still follows this routine, which has helped her to 'create a body that rivals my 20-year-old self and I'm healthier and happier from the inside out'.

Speaking previously with FEMAIL, Justine explained her health journey started at age 40, when she found herself in the emergency department of the hospital twice and knew she couldn't go on in such a destructive way:

Justine Whitchurch's day on a plate

BREAKFAST: Protein oats or almond milk with berries.

MORNING SNACK: A ham or chicken salad wrap.

LUNCH: Chicken, vegetables and rice.

AFTERNOON SNACK: Nut bar and protein shake.

DINNER: Protein with vegetables or a meal made in her slow cooker.

'My weight gain came through under-eating, then over-eating, lack of exercise and excessive amounts of alcohol,' the 45-year-old recalled.

'I had lost all control, and when I visited the hospital I was told I wouldn't survive if I continued down this path.'

Justine added that the real turning point came when she looked into her daughter's eyes and felt scared that she wouldn't get better for her:

'That was the cataylst,' she explained. 'I didn't want to die.'

Losing a whopping 24 kilograms in just six months to take her from 71 kilograms to just 47, Justine explained that she quickly lost control of her weight loss.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

She also eats plenty of lean proteins and vegetables for both lunch and dinner, filling her snacks with protein shakes and nut bars

However, when she realised she needed to look after her health as well as her weight loss, that was when things really changed - and she worked on getting her current body shape.

These days, Justine revealed she has a much healthier and more balanced approach to fitness and diet.

While she has competed in several bikini modelling competitions, she also enjoys training regularly and eating healthy foods.

Justine started to compete - and came third in Miss Bikini Australia Musclemania - because she 'enjoys the discipline of preparation and I wanted to see what I could do to transform my body'.

A typical week of workouts for the 45-year-old will involve five steady state cardio sessions and five strength sessions.

Justine also shared her day on a plate:

'I start with either protein oats, almond milk and berries, a ham or chicken salad wrap for morning tea, chicken, veggies and rice at lunch, a nut bar and protein shake in the afternoon, and then more protein with vegetables for dinner,' she said.

'Sometimes a slow cooker meal that the whole family will enjoy is a good option,' she added.

[​IMG]

Speaking about her health and beauty secrets, the 45-year-old explained the first thing she would advise others to remember is you should 'never think you're too far gone to get better'

Speaking about her health and beauty secrets - and how others can take charge of their health, the 45-year-old explained that the first thing she would advise others to remember is that you should 'never think you're too far gone to get better'.

'Whether it's weight gain, age, mental health issues or addiction, there is always an opportunity to start again,' she said.

'The first thing you need to do is create a support network that will help you and is positive. Then, establish a routine that sees daily exercise and good nutrition as absolute non-negotiables.

'Every step you take to better your physical health you will gain even more strength mentally.'

Justine said she is religious but straightforward about her beauty regime.

'It's all about looking after yourself from the inside out,' she said. 'I make sure I get at least seven or eight hours sleep each night, drink several litres of water and eat lots of greens.'

Justine also without fail moisturises her entire body twice a day 'and I use anti-ageing skincare constantly'.

'In terms of makeup, I always wear it. I like to "make an effort" and personally see my mood change more positively when I make an effort.

'Eyebrows and eyelashes are a big thing for me. I think women can look a lot older when they don't maintain those two things. And highlight those cheekbones!'.

Today, Justine said she 'thrives on routine and being disciplined'.

'The intensity of my workout sessions will vary depending on how I feel and the level of commitment I have to my work and family at that time.

'However, my workouts will always get done. Exercise is a priority, it's my medication and is what will keep me functioning and on top of my game psychology.'

Source

Add Reply