centered image

centered image

Green Tea Health Benefits

Discussion in 'Physiology' started by thaisuresh, Aug 26, 2012.

1. thaisuresh

thaisuresh Young Member

Pharmacist
    Practicing medicine in:
    India

Green tea which contains catechins, the most abundant of which is epigallocatechin gallate.

Green tea also contains carotenoids, tocopherols, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), minerals such as chromium, manganese, selenium or zinc, and certain phytochemical compounds.

It is a more potent antioxidant than black tea, although black tea has substances which green tea does not such as theaflavin.

Green tea consumption is associated with reduced heart disease

Green tea and green tea extracts, such as its component EGCG, have been used to prevent and treat a variety of cancers, including breast, stomach, and skin cancers.

Green tea and green tea extracts have also been used for improving mental alertness, aiding in weight loss, lowering cholesterol levels, and protecting skin from sun damage.

Green tea is usually brewed and drunk as a beverage. Green tea extracts can be taken in capsules and are sometimes used in skin products.

Green tea preparations improve mental alertness, most likely because of its caffeine content.

Green Tea Health Benefits

Add Reply

2. ankitsrivastav

ankitsrivastav Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    Benefits of Green Tea
    1. Prevent Cancer
    2. Heart Health
    3. Metabolism booster
    4. Prevent Diabetes

3. watson776

watson776 Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Canada
    Green tea is very good for our health and our body, its make to be active and charm, its help to save the cancer and many disease, its include vitamin C and it is very benificial for our health, its make to be strong the person, and whole day to be active, i also drink green tea and i am always perfect.

4. Pari Sehgal

Pari Sehgal Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    There are many benefits of green tea. Some of the Benefits are health-related that are really important in modern medicine. Those are:-
    1. Prevent Cancer
    2. Heart Health
    3. Metabolism booster
    4. Prevent Diabetes

Apart from this, I have personally used green tea packs on my face too. It seems to rejuvenate the skin, improves the skin health and removes dead cells.