centered image

centered image

Heart Attack Survivor, 65, Who Had To Be Shocked 49 TIMES After Going Into Cardiac Arrest

Discussion in 'Cardiology' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

[​IMG]

heart attack survivor, 65, who had to be shocked 49 TIMES after going into cardiac arrest reunites with the ICU doctors who saved his life while doing a sweet 'victory lap' of the hospital

• Ken Henning, 65, works for a medical supply company and suffered a heart attack in early May while delivering a hospital bed
    • The married father of two, of Englewood, Ohio, had emergency quadruple bypass surgery, but went into cardiac arrest the next day
    • Doctors at Good Samaritan Hospital shocked him 49 times to keep him alive
    • Henning was then taken to Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, where he spent 37 days unconscious in intensive care
    • Heartwarming footage shows Henning doing a 'victory lap' in the intensive care unit and shaking hands with medics

Heartwarming footage shows Ken Henning, 65, doing a 'victory lap' in the intensive care unit and shaking hands with medics who were forced to shock him 49 times in an effort to keep him alive after the attack.

The married dad, of Englewood, Ohio, works for a medical supply company and suffered a heart attack in early May while delivering a hospital bed. Henning had emergency quadruple bypass surgery, but went into cardiac arrest the next day.

[​IMG]

Survivor: Father-of-two Ken Henning was reunited with the doctors who saved his life when he suffered a devastating heart attack

[​IMG]

Patient: The 65-year-old works for a medical supply company and suffered a heart attack in early May while delivering a hospital bed

Doctors at Good Samaritan Hospital in Dayton shocked Henning 49 times to keep him alive. He was then taken to Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, where he spent 37 days unconscious in intensive care.

'The doctor looked at me and told me I was going to have surgery and I wanted to go back and think about it. That is the last thing I remember,' he said.

But the father defied the odds and pulled through.

After recovering at home, the dad decided to return to the hospital to say thank you to the team of doctors and nurses who worked tirelessly to save him.

Footage of the moving moment shows Henning being wheeled into the ICU to cheers and tears from members of staff.

He then pushes himself to his feet before hugging and shaking hands with each of the medics who treated him.

[​IMG]

Hospital: The married dad (pictured with his surgical team), of Englewood, Ohio, had emergency quadruple bypass surgery, but went into cardiac arrest the next day

[​IMG]

Meeting: Footage of the moving moment shows Henning being wheeled into the ICU to cheers and tears from members of staff, then pushing himself to his feet to greet them

[​IMG]

Emotional: During his visit to the hospital, Henning exchanged handshakes and hugs with the staffers who treated him and saved his life

'I didn't know where I was or how long I'd been here, so there's a lot of people I really didn't meet,' Henning said, recounting his stay in the ICU.

'24/7, they were there. I did everything I could. I'm not a quitter. But I couldn't have done it without them.

'To be where I am now and see their faces, I think it gives them hope.

'I feel great. I'm beating it.'

For ICU nurse Stacey Daughenbaugh, who works at the center where Henning was treated, getting to meet him during his recovery led to a hopeful moment.

'There are rough days in nursing; there are very rough days,' she said. 'Days like this make it worthwhile. It makes you remember why you're doing this.'

Source

Add Reply