centered image

centered image

Here’s What All Those Years In Medical School Did For Your Love Life

Discussion in 'Doctors Cafe' started by Hadeel Abdelkariem, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Hadeel Abdelkariem

Hadeel Abdelkariem Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

[​IMG]

Naturally, we were curious to see if having a graduate degree, or other further degree, has any correlation to a member’s attractiveness and preferences. We looked at over 20 million matches and here’s what we found. Let’s start with the dudes.

Men & Their MDs
    [​IMG]

DING DING DING! We have a winner! Looks like a lot of ladies are looking for their very own McDreamy, aren’t you lucky! Lucky and well-deserving, where would we be without doctor’s? Not only have the many, many years you spent in school helped tons of people stay and get healthy, you now know that it’s surely helping your dating life. You might also be the pickiest of the bunch, but there’s certainly nothing wrong with a man who knows what he wants.

Women & Their MDs

[​IMG]

So, while you ladies are loving your male counterparts in the medical field, you’re going to have to settle for second place. Sorry gals, but you’re still kicking butt when it comes to all of the other post-undergrad degrees! It’s kind of nuts that men don’t seem too hot for the women holding professional or other higher degrees — they preferred ladies who only have their bachelor’s degree the most — rest assured your many years in school have still heightened your appeal. My hypothesis about this phenomenon? Maybe the issue here is more related to age. Naturally, a woman with a PhD or MD would be significantly older than a recent undergrad graduate, and you know how those men love those younger women — I’m totally rolling my eyes right now.

I can’t blame you, but note that you’re also the second pickiest of the bunch. You probably don’t have a whole lot of free time to waste on guys who aren’t exactly what you’re looking for, so I understand, but don’t be so picky that you miss out on finding Mr. Right!

What’s Trending In The Profiles Of Bagels With MDs?
    Realizing that the type of degree someone holds has a clear impact on their attractiveness, I was curious if there is a distinctive way people with different degrees present themselves on their profiles. Are there words or phrases that are commonly used amongst bagels with JDs? We loved how OkCupid conducted a similar study (but with race), so we emulated their methodology in this study. We looked at the profiles of all our users who have a medical degree and isolated words and phrases in their profiles that were used most frequently. The results? Check out the chart below.
    [​IMG]

FYI – For those of you who are not familiar with Coffee Meets Bagel, here’s an example of what a member’s profile looks like on Coffee Meets Bagel (this is mine). The words used in the last three sections of the profile are what we used for this study.

[​IMG]

Unsurprisingly, all of the major trends with our doctor bagels revolve around the field of medicine, however we’re wondering if you bagels with MDs are talking about the “scrubs” they wear to work or the TV show. After all, it appears that you docs are quite fond of lounging around watching Glee and Aziz Ansari. I don’t blame you though, you must be exhausted when you finally do have time off; I watch Grey’s Anatomy so I know these things. But, I’m sorry, what’s with “gangsta” and “yo?”

We can’t be totally sure what’s going on here, but it sure is interesting. Overall, it looks like men are into ladies with less smarts than them (frowny face), and women lust after doctors and businessmen. What do you think?

Source

Add Reply