centered image

centered image

Home Workouts for Men

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by Egyptian Doctor, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Picture this: you've just come home from work, you're in the area you cleared out for working out. You stare at the two dumbbells and weight bench that sit before you, and ponder the many exercises at home you'll do tonight. If this is your dream scenario, doing workouts at home, then you've found the right place. Take a look at one or two of these home workouts for men, and you'll be ready to walk into the next room and get started right away!

But before we actually find out about the workouts, let's look at some of the benefits of doing your workouts at home. When I first started exercising, I didn't have the confidence to go to a gym. So I started at home, and by the first time I had to exercise in public (high school weight training) I was at least as strong and fit as the other guys.

What's more, I know first hand how busy life can get - I often work out at my apartment gym instead of at one of the two larger on-campus gyms - so I know the value of being able to get a workout in quickly and efficiently, without having to travel. Make use of these home workouts for men when you're tired, stressed, or just too busy to make the trip to the gym.

Home Workouts For Men

Try incorporating these quick workouts at home into your normal routine once per week, or make use of them on the side as temporary workouts.

Ab Workout At Home

The best thing about any ab workout at home is that you don't need much room to maneuver. Out of all the home workouts you could do, ab workouts likely require the least space. The following workout is a circuit, and should take between 15 and 30 minutes to complete. I use this workout as a substitute for my normal ab routine if I can't make it to the gym. Perform the circuit 3 times total, resting 60-90 seconds between each circuit, or as needed. The number of reps refers to the number of repetitions you should complete for each exercise, each circuit.

This workout can be done without any weights or other exercise equipment.

In-And-Outs: 25 Reps
    Oblique Crunches: 20 Reps per Side
    Prone Plank: 60 Seconds
    Russian Twists: 50 Reps
    Leg Raises: 15 Reps

At Home Bicep Workout

Unlike the ab workout, our at home bicep workout needs weights. Preferably you'll be able to use both dumbbells and a barbell, but if not, either can be substituted for the other. This workout can take anywhere from around 20-25 minutes to around 35 minutes. Is is performed like a traditional weighted workout, with rest between each set of each exercise. Complete all sets of an exercise before moving on to the next. Lastly, rest around 60-75 seconds between each set for the best gains in lean muscle from this at home bicep workout.

Barbell Curls: 4 Sets, 8-12 Reps

Dumbbell Preacher Curls: 4 Sets, 12-15 Reps

Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 3 Sets, 12-15 Reps

Barbell 21's: 2 Sets, 21 Reps (7 reps for the bottom half of the movement, 7 for the top half, and 7 for the complete movement)

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply
    TRex2142 likes this.