centered image

centered image

How to Get Rid of Abdominal Fat and Get Six-Pack Abs

Discussion in 'Dietetics' started by Egyptian Doctor, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Having a slim body and a flat stomach shaped with six-pack muscles is the dearest dream of many men and women. Usually, the desire to get six-pack abs gets stronger before and during the beach season. If you belong to the category of people who dream of having a shaped stomach only before the beach season, you can kiss your dream goodbye. Though crash diets and vigorous exercises work for some people and even give quick results, most people need to stick to a healthy diet and perform regular exercises all the year round.

If you want to stun others with your shaped abdominal, it is first of all necessary to burn fat accumulated in the abdominal area. Even if you are slim and have a sufficient body weight, you might still have a thin layer of subcutaneous fat covering your six-pack. Thus, the task is simple - to burn subcutaneous fat accumulated in the abdominal area.

Many people mistakenly think that all they need to do to get the desired result is to do abdominal crunches or sit-ups. Such approach may be suitable for slim people having a very thin layer of subcutaneous fat. You need to understand that fat is not burnt locally. In other words, you will never burn abdominal fat by just doing crunches and sit-ups. Instead, you need physical drill aimed at strengthening all muscle groups.

The process of burning abdominal fat and building six-pack abs is both simple and difficult. The main keys to success are strong motivation and persistence. The first results will not slow to arrive if you are ready to:

1. Give up your harmful eating habits
    2. Stick to a fat-burning diet plan
    3. Perform regular exercises

1. To begin with, you need to review your eating habits and exclude foods that lead to fat accumulation. These are: yummy goodies (sweets, cakes, cookies, ice-cream, etc), sweet beverages, alcohol, fat and fried food, plus starchy foods. All these products are loaded with empty calories which are usually stored as subcutaneous fat, which usually needs hours of exercising to be burnt.

2. All junk foods excluded from your diet should be substituted by healthy ones that will supply your body with necessary amount of nutrients, energy, provide material for building muscles or six-pack and increase fat burning process.

Your fat burning diet should include whole-grain cereals (the main source of energy), stewed or fresh vegetables (source of fiber), lean meat, mainly chicken breast and veal (source of protein necessary for building muscles), lean fish, eggs, lean broth or vegetable soup, fruits (but not much as they contain fructose) and low-fat dairy products. It is also recommended including fat burning foods, like grapefruit.

To increase metabolism and therefore fat burning it is necessary eating 5-6 times a day and in small portions. Also remember that you need to drink up to 1 to 5 liters of water per day.

3. Physical activity should include cardio and weight-lifting exercises. Start with a 30-minute cardio training on a treadmill, elliptical trainer or cycling machine. Then proceed to weightlifting and abdominal exercises.

Performing exercises is possible even if you do not visit gym. All you need to do crunches and sit-ups is your desire and a hard surface, like floor. Jogging, swimming and cycling are the most common examples of cardio exercises. If you avoid weight-lifting workouts devote more time to cardio training. To achieve the desired results quicker you need exercising 3-4 days a week.

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply

2. hadeel-s

hadeel-s Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Jordan
    good article. thank you ^^

3. llIH

llIH Active member

Student
    Practicing medicine in:
    Norway
    I don't understand why I see these posts keep popping up. Just because you are a doctor doesn't mean you are right.

Every heard of IIFYM? (If it fits your macros). It works.

I was on macdonalds 2-3 times per week. And I did not do cardio. And I have never had a sixpack naturally. All I did was to count my macros. Basically calories, protein and fat.
    You can get a sixpack by only counting calorie and protein, I'm not joking.
    That being said. Eating bad foods to get a sixpack will not be the best for your cardiovascular system. Cholesterol etc.

Find your basal metabolic rate. (there are several ways to do this).
    Then calculate your total day expenditure. TTE.
    Every day. Count all you eat - this is the only CON about this diet.

After you hit your protein macro goal for the day, you eat whatever you want to hit the goal for calories.

There are several fitness models that do this guys. Look up: IIFYM