free-downloads CSEVideos
for doctors how to make money online

How To Study Histology

Discussion in 'Histology' started by Egyptian Doctor, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Living In:
    Egypt

I guess Histology isn’t a troublemaker in med school, but maybe some of you are interested how I studied for finals …

☞ Pay attention during the course:
    I know, Histology doesn’t seem as cool as the pacemaker you’ve probably found in your cadaver’s thorax, but listen to the prof while he is explaining slides … it can help you at your practical finals.

☞ Draw drafts and take notes:Drawing and taking notes personally helped me although it was really time-consuming.

c36131bc8cd2f55ec748547f34da203f.jpg

☞ Take pictures of the slides during class:You’ve found the Brunner’s gland in the duodenum or the amnion epithelia in the placenta? Take a picture so that you can review important stuff at home while you’re studying. If you’re not allowed to take pic during classes, afford yourself or rent a Histology Atlas.

aaa22924de47ff1684e42820188eed2a.jpg

(just in case you are wondering: this isn’t the Duodenum nor the Placenta)

☞ Rent a microscope and some slides: Normally med schools offer microscopes and slides to students for a small fee. If you have the possibility to do so, I really can recommend it!

7855e0fac095c2d53bfd8ec419d30510.jpg

☞ Test yourself:

2 days before finals I tested myself with slides. I covered the identification number with sticky notes …

4b1f69109aa7e2e7881c5d4e79ccf586.jpg

☞ Don’t panic during your practical finals!When I first looked into the microscope to identify the first slide I was like: OMG I see nothing!

Just stay calm and try to describe what you’re actually seeing: e. g. my first slide was the Gl. parotidea: organization in glandular lobules, Acini and striated ducts.

Start with a system and you’ll find the right diagnosis for the slide

All the best!

Source

Add Reply

Attached Files: