centered image

centered image

How You Can Get Scarlett Johansson's Body

Discussion in 'Physical and Sports Medicine' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

3722a8d815097e109391c9a9e2180d3a.jpg

How YOU can get Scarlett Johansson's body: Actress's personal trainer reveals the secrets to her enviable figure
    • Scarlett Johansson has to stay in peak form for the superhero role Black Widow
    • Trainer Bobby Strom helped shape her up so she could perform her own stunts
    • He reveals the actress's secrets and what it takes to get a celebrity body

Scarlett Johansson is no stranger to action movies.

With roles in the Iron Man, Avengers and Captain America series, and now the Japanese cyborg blockbuster Ghost in the Shell, the actress might just be one of the biggest badasses in Hollywood.

And with so many stunts to perform, she basically has to stay in peak form all year round.

If there's anyone we're taking fitness advice from, it's going to be the man who shaped up Scar-Jo to fit into a skin-tight catsuit.

We spoke with Johansson's former trainer for Iron Man 2 and The Avengers, Bobby Strom, about his favourite diet and exercise tips and what it takes to get a celebrity body.

562ce56277985174be08b032e7a9ad9e.jpg

To get in shape for her roles, Scarlett Johansson has worked with celebrity trainer Bobby Strom so she could perform her own stunts. Pictured: Scarlett in her latest movie, Ghost In The Shell

Q: What are your favourite fat-busting and strength exercises?

My favourite fat-busting exercise are sprints! They burn calories and fat while building muscle. Just look at the summer Olympic sprinters, men and women.

My favourite strength-building exercise are pull-ups. Everyone knows they are one of the hardest exercises to do because you have to lift your entire body weight.

All my girls want to be able to do pull-ups, so we train for that starting day one until they can do several on their own without my assistance. You have to have some real strength to do pull-ups.

Q: What ratio of cardio to weights do you advise?

[I don't have] a formula for cardio-to-weight training ratio. It depends on what your goal is and what type of results you're looking to achieve.

Someone looking to lose weight and body fat will do exponentially more cardio than someone looking to build up their physique.

Q: What is your most reliable go-to type of exercise for all round fitness?

My most reliable all-around exercise for fitness and conditioning is without a doubt swimming. Swimming uses every muscle in the body. Then, on top of that, it's incredible cardio, giving the heart and lungs an incredible workout.

94ff45df941937e1050de503e78aa66c.jpg

1c4bb2d905eea963bdd03fff73cd45a5.jpg

Strom says his most reliable exercise for his clients' fitness and conditioning is swimming. He said: 'Swimming uses every muscle in the body. Then, on top of that, it's incredible cardio.' Johansson pictured left in March 2017 and right in February 2015

Source

Add Reply