centered image

centered image

'I Can't Be The Only One!': Breastfeeding Mom Reveals She Can Shoot Milk Out Of Her Armpit

Discussion in 'Gynaecology and Obstetrics' started by Mahmoud Abudeif, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Mahmoud Abudeif

Mahmoud Abudeif Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

A breastfeeding mother has revealed she can shoot milk out of her armpit in a jaw-dropping video, and it turns out she's not the only one with the unique ability.

[​IMG]

TikTok user @ollieoooop, a mother-of-three from Minnesota, demonstrated her talent on the platform in response to @themeg_94's viral post asking people to share the 'really weird things' their bodies do.

'I've seen this video a million times and I don't know why it has just occurred to me that I have a reason to interact with it,' she said at the start of the clip. 'I'm about to expose myself. Please be nice to me.'

Woman has peculiar talent of shooting milk out of her armpit

She explained that breastfeeding moms can experience 'pitties' — lumps or swelling that can develop in the armpits when breast tissue becomes engorged from breast milk.

'Basically, you have breast tissue in your armpits and when you get engorged, sometimes that tissue swells,' she said. 'However, I am the only instance that I know of or that I can find of this specific thing that happens to my body.

'I can shoot milk out of my armpit,' she admitted. 'And if it wasn't disgusting enough just to hear it, I'm going to prove it.'

The mom then sat down and squeezed her armpit for the camera, and, sure enough, milk came shooting out of it. She even shared the footage in slow motion to highlight the liquid squirting.

'If you or someone you know can do this, please duet this because I can't be the only one,' she said. 'Please tell me I'm not the only one who could do this.'

The video has been viewed more than 191,000 times and has received thousands of comments since it was posted in early January, with some people sharing that they can also shoot milk from their armpits.

'I COULD DO THIS. I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE,' wrote one mom, who explained that she over-produced milk, which @ollieoooop said she did as well.

'You're not the only one! My friend frantically called the hospital after her son was born made an appointment the next day,' another shared.

Some suggested that she bottle the milk, but the mom said she couldn't give it to her child in 'good conscious.'

What causes breast milk to come out of an armpit?

In many women, mammary tissue is not only found in the breast area - it can actually extend into the armpit region.

This structure that expands beyond the breast is known as the Tile of Spence, and in some breastfeeding women, this tissue swells and causes egg-shaped lumps under the armpit that are filled with excess milk.

These lumps have been named 'pitties' by women online.

In the same way that milk can be expressed from the breast, it can also be forced out of the armpit by applying pressure to the lumps.

Most women who suffer with this condition can treat it with cold compresses - and usually the symptoms go away after 48 hours.

The condition is not usually dangerous, however it can be painful in some cases.

Source

Add Reply