centered image

centered image

'I Feel Like I've Been Two Different Women': Mother-Of-Three, 31 Sheds 40 KILOS To Become A Fitness

Discussion in 'Dietetics' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

[​IMG]

'I feel like I've been two different women': Mother-of-three, 31, who was eating takeaway twice a day and living off soft drinks sheds 40 KILOS to become a fitness ambassador

• Ash Petroff, 31, gained 50 kilograms during her first pregnancy
    • She struggled with social anxiety, developed depression and weighed 95kg
    • The mother-of-three started an online program and now weighs just 56 kilos
    • Now a fitness ambassador, Ms Petroff spoke to FEMAIL about how she did it

In her late teens, Ash Petroff, from the Gold Coast, weighed just 45 kilograms, never exercised and had never followed a healthy or balanced diet.

But after discovering she was pregnant at 19, Ms Petroff's poor habits caught up with her and she gained 50 kilograms in just nine months.

The doting mum struggled to shed the weight and after two more pregnancies, tipped the scales at 95 kilograms and struggled with social anxiety and depression.

However, after discovering a health community for mums by chance online, the mother-of-three, now 31, was able to overhaul her lifestyle and shed a staggering 39 kilograms.

[​IMG]

After discovering she was pregnant at 19, Ash Petroff's poor habits caught up with her and she gained 50 kilograms in just nine months (pictured before and after her weightloss)

[​IMG]

However, after discovering a health community for mums by chance online, the mother-of-three, now 31, was able to overhaul her lifestyle and shed a staggering 39 kilograms

'I wasn't living a healthy lifestyle before kids and I was very underweight and very skinny,' Ms Petroff told Daily Mail Australia.

'And when I fell pregnant with my first son I was eating way too much takeaway - two servings of McDonald's or KFC a day - and living off soft drinks.

'I gained 50 kilograms in such a short amount of time and I just ballooned out... my confidence suffered and I started struggling with depression.'

As a new mum, Ms Petroff was struggling to find time to focus on herself and despite trying fad diets, never saw her weight drop below 81 kilos.

[​IMG]

'And when I fell pregnant with my first son I was eating way too much takeaway - two servings of McDonald's or KFC a day - and living off soft drinks,' she said

[​IMG]

'I gained 50 kilograms in such a short amount of time and I just ballooned out... my confidence suffered and I started struggling with depression,' Ash said

[​IMG]

As a new mum, Ms Petroff was struggling to find time to focus on herself and despite trying fad diets, never saw her weight drop below 81 kilos

Ms Petroff went on to have two more sons and while she did her best to be the best mother she could be, felt held back by her weight and inactive lifestyle.

In July, 2014, Ms Petroff was scrolling online when she came across the Healthy Mummy, an online community and health program for women.

And after seeing the success of other women on their weightloss journeys, Ms Petroff decided to give it a go for herself.

'I followed the 28 Day Challenge exactly and started doing home workouts three days a week - I didn't want to jump into it too hard as I didn't want to hate exercise,' Ms Petroff said.

[​IMG]

In July, 2014, Ms Petroff was scrolling online when she came across the Healthy Mummy , an online community and health program for women - so she decided to try it

[​IMG]

'I followed the 28 Day Challenge exactly and started doing home workouts three days a week - I didn't want to jump into it too hard as I didn't want to hate exercise,' Ms Petroff said

'The meal plan was easy too - it was all healthy and nutritional versions of things like pasta and pizza - and I cut out all takeaway and soft drinks which I swapped for smoothies and water.'

I can't even say it's a dream come true because I never thought it was possible.
    After just nine months of following the flexible program, Ms Petroff lost 25 kilograms and felt the energy and confidence she hadn't experienced in years.

'I was having smoothies for breakfast and every meal I had was healthy and balanced,' Ms Petroff said, whose children and partner also loved the meals.

'I started to learn how differently bad food made me feel - I had become used to that bloated feeling and once I changed my diet I immediately felt more energised and started enjoying healthy food.'

[​IMG]

After just nine months of following the flexible program, Ms Petroff lost 25 kilograms and felt the energy and confidence she hadn't experienced in years

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

'The meal plan was easy - it was all healthy versions of things like pasta and pizza - and I cut out all takeaway and soft drinks which I swapped for smoothies and water,' she said

[​IMG]

'I was having smoothies for breakfast and every meal I had was healthy and balanced,' Ms Petroff said

Ms Petroff, a trained nurse, has now been following the program for three years and now weighs 56 kilograms.

'I have now joined the gym as well and I still do the challenge exercises at the gym,' Ms Petroff said.

'I exercise every day now - it's my me-time - and I do one to two cardio days and the rest are strength and weight training days.

'There is a massive difference in how I feel now. I am happier and not angry and I can't even tell you how different my energy levels are.'

[​IMG]

'I started to learn how differently bad food made me feel - I had become used to that bloated feeling and once I changed my diet I immediately felt more energised,' she said

[​IMG]

Ms Petroff, who has now been named a fitness ambassador for the Healthy Mummy, says any woman can achieve what she has

Ms Petroff struggles to look back at photos of herself after pregnancy.

'It's sad to see that I was living that long like her - I feel like I've been two different women both inside and out,' she said.

'I was so self-conscious and sad and you can tell how different I am - I can see a proud and confident woman in photos now.'

Ms Petroff, who has now been named a fitness ambassador for the Healthy Mummy, says any woman can achieve what she has.

[​IMG]

'It's sad to see that I was living that long like her - I feel like I've been two different women both inside and out,' she said of her former self

[​IMG]

'I was so self-conscious and sad and you can tell how different I am - I can see a proud and confident woman in photos now,' she said

'You don't find the time, you make the time. I go to the gym in the mornings when the kids are at school or daycare or I will wait for my partner to get home... there is no time I won't go to the gym, it's important for my mental health,' she said.

'I don't dedicate whole days to meal prepping either, it's more about cooking up extra at dinner time and making up a slow stash over time.

'I save about $200 a week now by living this lifestyle so it's transformed our lives in more ways than one.'

Ms Petroff said she feels incredibly thankful to be named a fitness ambassador.

'I can't even say it's a dream come true because I never thought it was possible,' Ms Petroff said.

[​IMG]

'I can't even say it's a dream come true because I never thought it was possible,' Ms Petroff said

[​IMG]

'I finished training as a nurse in February but I developed a passion for fitness and I ended up here appearing on training videos and inspiring and motivating women on a bigger front,' she said

[​IMG]

'I just want women to know that there's no right time to start - if you don't acknowledge what you need to change then no change will happen,' she said

'I finished training as a nurse in February but I developed a passion for fitness and I ended up here appearing on training videos and inspiring and motivating women on a bigger front.

'I just want women to know that there's no right time to start - if you don't acknowledge what you need to change then no change will happen.

'It's never been smooth sailing and there have been good days and bad days but I can promise you, once you make the decision, it will be the best decision you have ever made. It's a forever thing.'

Source

Add Reply