centered image

centered image

If You Had Bariatric Surgery, What Do You Wish You Had Known Beforehand? What Would You Change?

Discussion in 'General Surgery' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

This question was originally posted on Quora.com and was answered by Angelina Mormino.

[​IMG]

I wish I had known that I would need skin surgery. if you don't know what that is, it's surgery to take off that ugly skin that just hangs. No amount of exercise will get rid of it because it's just that damn skin that hangs from being stretched to the max. You need a plastic surgeon to correct it. No one mentioned that beforehand. It's not covered by insurance.

That being said I had to have that surgery because I couldn't continue shoving that saggy baggy skin any longer in pants and sleeves. It helped a great deal getting that skin off. I no longer looked like a bat with wings nor felt like I was a stuffed sausage (oh those damn food analogies lol).

No one also mentioned how awesome I'd feel - mentally and physically.

No one ever mentioned how many over weight friends I'd lose cuz they lost their eating buddies.

No one ever mentioned how many friends would say to me “you did it the easy way”. But after all is said and done they are still trying every fad diet after another and they are still fat!!!

No one ever mentioned how I'd come out of my shell and talk to strangers and be open to love again and be willing to let people in my life again. (YAY me)

This is a life changing surgery that I'm glad I had it done no matter how much I struggled in the beginning.

I learned many things on my own. BUT one important thing I did learn was: I learned to love myself again and was worthy of being loved.

Source

Add Reply