centered image

I’m So Effing Tired: How To Finally Boost Your Energy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Good Doctor, Mar 7, 2021.

1. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor Golden Member

An excerpt from I’m So Effing Tired: A Proven Plan to Beat Burnout, Boost Your Energy, and Reclaim Your Life.

Did you know that a recent Harris Poll survey revealed that while about the same percentage of women and men reported feeling burned out in their work life, 35 percent of women told the Harris Poll they felt burned out at home, compared to only 25 percent of men? Besides the differences in gender, burnout rates are higher than ever. A LinkedIn survey shows that burnout has increased 33 percent in the last year! The new normal has convinced people that exhaustion is okay and you have to live with it. Inspired by my personal journey, as a double board-certified medical doctor and nutrition expert, I share some key takeaways to beat exhaustion and boost energy (the right way).

[​IMG]

Sync your routine closer to circadian rhythms

Our bodies work on circadian rhythms, the 24-hour light and dark cycle dictated by the sun and almost 80 percent of our genes work on a circadian pattern. It’s no wonder we feel exhausted when we don’t live and eat with circadian rhythms. Today’s world has forgotten the importance of their body’s natural circadian rhythm, and it’s one of the most important factors to health.

1. Wake up and go to bed at the same time
    2. Get at least 10 minutes of natural light
    3. Circadian fast—eat during the day and stop eating at night to ensure your digestive system gets at least a 12 to 16-hour break.

You will feel more energetic and improve metabolic diseases like obesity, diabetes, heart conditions, imbalanced hormones.

Prioritize your mental health

Focus on your psychobiology. Mental health plays a huge role in our physical health, as we know from the budding science. Practice vagal nerve stimulation and spend time in nature to improve mental health. Take one minute, twice a day to check in. “Where is your energy going?” “Who, what foods, activities are boosting it?” “Who is draining it?”

Fix your diet

Gut, brain, immune, and hormonal health play a huge role in overall health, starting with diet. Eat six to eight servings of vegetables each day. It might sound like a lot, but you will notice a huge difference in how you feel after a couple of weeks. I urge people to opt for plant-based foods when you can or 90 percent of the time.

If you fix these key areas: chronobiology, microbiology, and psychobiology — you will improve energy and long-term health.

Source

Add Reply