centered image

centered image

Inspirational Story : Zach Zeiler From Cancer To Bodybuilding

Discussion in 'Physical and Sports Medicine' started by Egyptian Doctor, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Zach Zeiler is a 19 year-old American bodybuilder , he was diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma 3 years ago and he survived it to be one of the best bodybuilders in the world.

This is a background on personal struggle with cancer written by Zach himself :

“It was a few months before my 16th birthday that I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. My sophomore year, friends, sports, and other activities would all be put on hold while I was put through chemotherapy and radiation. It was during treatment that I had lost my athletic build, and my weight dropped down to 106 lbs. After months of being sick, and basically living in a hospital, I was physically and mentally drained. It was the hardest point of my life, and I needed a way to climb out of the hole that I was forced to fall into. At that point, I told myself that I would treat each day as a gift, and as an opportunity to accomplish what it is that I wanted. I began to lift weights, something that I did prior to being diagnosed, to stay competitive as an athlete. As I watched myself grow, I felt my whole being getting stronger, not just in the physical aspect. I documented the story of my journey in a video and shared it to youtube and immediately got feedback of inspiring so many people. Besides wanting to better myself, those comments, stating that I changed a person’s outlook on life, are what I live for. Bodybuilding and fitness have opened the door to so many opportunities, as well as allowed me to meet so many amazing people, and it will be something that I carry for the rest of my life.”

[​IMG]
    Zach Zeiler uploaded a video on youtube about his story with this description "My three year body transformation from having cancer, to obtaining the physique of my dreams. I have been, and always will be 100% natural, meaning that I have, and never will take performance enhancing drugs such as steroids, testosterone, and other performance enhancing drugs. I do not currently compete in bodybuilding or physique shows, but I would like to one day. I hope this brings motivation, but I hope it also represents the value of life. I hope to help others in making them realize their potential. I love all of you for the support!!!"

and here is the official Facebook page of our Hero : https://www.facebook.com/zachzeilerfanpage

Add Reply

2. Matheus Holanda

Matheus Holanda Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Brazil
    Wow... This video is for those who inspire themselves on Zyzz :)

3. Marly

Marly Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Haiti
    Wow!!! He is a amazing young boy!!!

4. Maxer Gety Gabriel

Maxer Gety Gabriel Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Romania
    Glad that you are O.K. Keep it up and always remember "NO PAIN = NO GAME" ;)

5. Noahkins.

Noahkins. Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Uganda
    Truly inspiring story- Meaning If Cancer doesn't kill you, then it makes you Stronger...i like the courage.

6. abeer saleh

abeer saleh Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Iraq
    Wow... it's amazing.. thanks for God..